Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Grondin I can see. Size and potential down the middle but Busdeker to Ottawa just makes no sense:

1) He's a Michigan kid so it's not geographical
2) Ottawa has 99s Hoefenmayer (Arizona) and Wilson, 2000s Bahl, Rippon, Roberstson ('18 eligible) and Okhotyuk ('19 eligible), and Peric (01). That's 7 regulars. Busdeker replaces who? He's no better than a 5-6 and might be a 7-8 in Ottawa. Unless Ottawa is moving one of their 7 in another deal (which is certainly possible), I just don't see a fit.

With Ottawa's fairly rich cupboard of picks it would make more sense for them to go after a legit 1-2.
Busdeker is a right wing not a D, but your argument still stands.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Perfetti signing tomorrow! Good job DD.

That's huge for you guys. Even more impressive because he did not want to come on draft day and even as recently as a month ago. So Drinkill did a great job of convincing him why SAG is a great landing spot, which is even more encouraging for Spirit fans going forward

Reactions: Finster8

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Gonna try and get in as many games as I came this up coming season. Usually can get a couple in over Thanksgiving and one of the games at Flint. LOTS of skill coming in and coming back. Should be a fun team to watch. Now get the Wings to take a guy like Liam Kirk late and send him to us via the import draft.

Reactions: Finster8

John789

Apr 1, 2018
I heard that TS did a lot of work getting Perfetti to come and was the major reason. Heard that from 2 different people that played with him last year

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I heard that TS did a lot of work getting Perfetti to come and was the major reason. Heard that from 2 different people that played with him last year

If that's the case, then good on him. For all the grief he gets, that'd be a major plus in his column.

That's what it boils down to really. Putting in the work. It's not impossible to get good players to come to places like Saginaw that have a stigma attached to them. Really putting in the work recruiting, building good relationships with the parents/kids, getting actual hockey people into the ownership group, new locker room, etc. It all adds up. You're not gonna get everyone of these guys but if you can get one or two of them, that's not nothing and it has to bring morale up for those that are here.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
If that's the case, then good on him. For all the grief he gets, that'd be a major plus in his column.

That's what it boils down to really. Putting in the work. It's not impossible to get good players to come to places like Saginaw that have a stigma attached to them. Really putting in the work recruiting, building good relationships with the parents/kids, getting actual hockey people into the ownership group, new locker room, etc. It all adds up. You're not gonna get everyone of these guys but if you can get one or two of them, that's not nothing and it has to bring morale up for those that are here.

Not ripping them in your local paper helps too.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
It is official Perfetti signs with the Spirit. We have plenty of picks so acquiring Cole is much more important in the long run than picks.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I'd park Perfetti and Porco together....team skating skill and speed has increased. I want a high end offensive defensemen who can carry the puck out of our end with authority...AKA...Hronek....get this player....

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
SAG fans... sounds like Dylan Wells should be back in the OHL next season and should be one of the better OA goalies. Wonder if there could be a deal worked out that saw Fraser amd Wells head your way....

Thoughts??

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
SAG fans... sounds like Dylan Wells should be back in the OHL next season and should be one of the better OA goalies. Wonder if there could be a deal worked out that saw Fraser amd Wells head your way....

Thoughts??

I like the idea of Wells but don't think we need Fraser as much with the amount of D coming back and possibly and import spot being used on D.

A mid level forward and a 4th would do it for Wells?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I like the idea of Wells but don't think we need Fraser as much with the amount of D coming back and possibly and import spot being used on D.

A mid level forward and a 4th would do it for Wells?

That seems about right. Busdeker??

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
That seems about right. Busdeker??

With the way we've been picking players (style wise) lately, I was thinking more like Katic. He's an interesting power forward type that you could get 3 seasons out of. He stats don't pop out but with the more time he could be a 30-35 pt guy this year with room to grow.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
An idea:

We have the picks.
We've been recruiting well lately.
Take the momentum and make an offer for Cuylle when he's labelled defective. Obviously attaching some conditions like when Tortora was dealt.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
An idea:

We have the picks.
We've been recruiting well lately.
Take the momentum and make an offer for Cuylle when he's labelled defective. Obviously attaching some conditions like when Tortora was dealt.

Perfetti and Cuylle very well could be the start of a dynasty. Match made in heaven.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
USA hockey released it list on invitees for the summer showcase in Kamploops in late July. Coskey's improved season didn't go unnoticed as he is on the list of forwards invited. Congrats to him. But notably absent from the list of defensemen is Bode Wilde. Possibly a rift growing between USA hockey and Wilde?

2018 U.S. Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad