Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Why does it have to be on the same team? Their is no shortage of OA's and not all signed players are guaranteed to make the AHL or ECHL.
bcspragu said “Perfetti deal could bring in OA’s (plural). That is what a I was referring too. Unless you no of a way to trade Perfetti to two teams.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
bcspragu said “Perfetti deal could bring in OA’s (plural). That is what a I was referring too. Unless you no of a way to trade Perfetti to two teams.

Well... considering you can only trade Perfetti for picks its gunna be real tough to deal him for OAs. :naughty:

Reactions: Finster8

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Well... considering you can only trade Perfetti for picks its gunna be real tough to deal him for OAs. :naughty:
But you could trade picks for OAs and then receive picks back from the same team......two deals, but really one deal

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Didn't an OHL team a few years ago receive heavy sanctions for draft manipulations?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

Of course their is no way to trade him to 2 teams. I can't speak for bcspragu but I am sure he meant the acquired picks from the Perfetti trade.I don't appreciate the backhanded insult it is ignorant.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
When is the earliest that Perfetti can be deemed defective or not reporting? How do we determine his worth 3-2nds + 3-3rds is close. Plus the 2nd rder we acquired before the trade would fetch us 2 excellent OA's.

the dog

May 16, 2014
When is the earliest that Perfetti can be deemed defective or not reporting? How do we determine his worth 3-2nds + 3-3rds is close. Plus the 2nd rder we acquired before the trade would fetch us 2 excellent OA's.
if he is not at training camp in august

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If you get three-2nds and three 3rds, you should not get a defective 1st round pick!

the dog

May 16, 2014
If you get three-2nds and three 3rds, you should not get a defective 1st round pick!
you will get pick #6 plus reg 1st rd..also because he was a top 5 pick ..will receive
an additional pick at the end of the 2nd rd

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I would do nothing! If he doesn't report, good luck in your hockey career in NCAA.I am sure he will end up being a pro somewhere. But I would stop the "Lindros " arrogance and not give this kid what he wants just because Saginaw is not a high end hockey market!

I wonder if it's really him making this choice not to come or is it parents and hockey advisor! If so, fire advisor and maybe parents need a reality check too! Nice player, will succeed, but he is no McDavid or a franchise saviour!

I would not give in to a 15 year old kid! Saginaw is turning corners and he could play a part in it. Saginaw has tons of picks, we don't need more, hang on to him or trade his rights to a team not on his "list". Tough lesson to learn, but I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the Lindros type!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I would do nothing! If he doesn't report, good luck in your hockey career in NCAA.I am sure he will end up being a pro somewhere. But I would stop the "Lindros " arrogance and not give this kid what he wants just because Saginaw is not a high end hockey market!

I wonder if it's really him making this choice not to come or is it parents and hockey advisor! If so, fire advisor and maybe parents need a reality check too! Nice player, will succeed, but he is no McDavid or a franchise saviour!

I would not give in to a 15 year old kid! Saginaw is turning corners and he could play a part in it. Saginaw has tons of picks, we don't need more, hang on to him or trade his rights to a team not on his "list". Tough lesson to learn, but I wouldn't have the patience to deal with the Lindros type!
I hear you but I'm the long run not getting nothing hurts the team development. I think Branch could put a stop to this practice of players not reporting.
By still having the computation pick but not allowing the player to be traded and goes back into the draft the following year.
Hope it makes sense. Just my opinion

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The defect rule is good as is, imo. Saginaw could get 3(2nds & 3rds) plus the sixth pick next draft for selecting and trading Purfetti. That’s good value for drafting BPA. Peterborough could get 3(2nds & 3rds) plus fifth pick & another comp pick at end of 2nd round next season for drafting and trading Cuylle. That’s good value for drafting BPA.
If that rule was not in place, Peterborough and Saginaw would not have drafted those players; instead taking a lesser talent; then, London would gotten Stranges (#2 ranked) & Purfetti (#4? ranked) players with the #21 & #23 picks; and, Cuylle would have fallen to Windsor or Miss (further than he should have).

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
6 high draft picks plus a high top 5-6 pick for 1 player? I think that is too much.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
6 high draft picks plus a high top 5-6 pick for 1 player? I think that is too much.

It was ok for Flint when selecting McLoed. It’s fair, imo. I think it was fair to Kingston (Domi), to OS (Mete), to Niagara (Brown), to Miss (Nizhnikov) .... if teams cannot get BPA, they should be afforded best value for that pick. None of those teams have won an OHL final; so, I don’t think the compensation has been (too much).

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It was ok for Flint when selecting McLoed. It’s fair, imo. I think it was fair to Kingston (Domi), to OS (Mete), to Niagara (Brown), to Miss (Nizhnikov) .... if teams cannot get BPA, they should be afforded best value for that pick. None of those teams have won an OHL final; so, I don’t think the compensation has been (too much).
Right. All the OHL is doing is giving the comp pick and allowing the player to be traded. If a GM/GM's decide that said player is worth 3 2nd's and 3 3rd's that's on the GM's.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Disagree. Flint should not have received two top 5 picks either IMO.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Saginaw is in cohots with Generals on this pick
Generals will send Robinson (moms family is from the area) to Sag with 2 active players + 2 future draft picks

Wait until 1st week of Sept no need to fret over this now its all in the works
You can only trade picks for defective players

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Disagree. Flint should not have received two top 5 picks either IMO.
They didn't. They picked McLeod 3rd overall in 2015. They received the 5th overall pick in 2016 as compensation for being declared defective. The 3rd overall pick that Branch took away was Flint's normal first round pick.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Saginaw is in cohots with Generals on this pick
Generals will send Robinson (moms family is from the area) to Sag with 2 active players + 2 future draft picks

Wait until 1st week of Sept no need to fret over this now its all in the works

You need new sources.

1. Robinson cant be traded.
2. Perfetti can only be dealt for picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad