Confirmed with Link: Sabres unveil 2022-23 AGH Unis!!!!!!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Those are horrible results. The Whalers had the best logo in sports and the Blackhawks have the best logo now - no disrespect to the Red Wings who deserve top 3. Arizona at 2 and Seattle at 6 are just horrible. Was the age cutoff for the voters 15?

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Those are horrible results. The Whalers had the best logo in sports and the Blackhawks have the best logo now - no disrespect to the Red Wings who deserve top 3. Arizona at 2 and Seattle at 6 are just horrible. Was the age cutoff for the voters 15?
I agree with most of that, but I think the Seattle logo is a masterpiece. It almost makes up for their uniquely reprehensible franchise name. But not quite.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I agree with most of that, but I think the Seattle logo is a masterpiece. It almost makes up for their uniquely reprehensible franchise name. But not quite.
Agreed. Seattle pulled off the rare instant classic with their logo, colors, and kits. Coyotes' kachina is also a modern classic imo. No idea how the Wild are top 5 despite the "hidden" beast. Hawks should always be top 5. Ducks need a rebrand in the worst way

Abraham de Lacy

That is more commonly known as RoboPenguin
Yes, and it is apparently not very popular with Penguin fans, I think. I can sort of understand why, it does not quite work on a jersey. An art deco design hardly ever works as a logo, it is a design philosophy that should be applied to a physical object, like a car, a building, or furniture.

I still think the robopenguin is pretty awesome, and I admire the balls they had to try it as a logo. Maybe someday we will be able to genetically modify real penguins to look like art deco animals. An idea I strongly support.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
FWIW, the Ducks poll results are simply the same result - hating the current logo is reflected in a high ranking of the vintage logo, not necessarily that the vintage logo is better than other clubs vintage logos. Anaheim could put duck poop on a jersey and it would compare favorably to the current "D wing" logo

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
As much as I like the jersey, it really bothers me to see AGH referred to as “vintage.” I don’t like what it implies about me :laugh: seriously though, the swords and blue and gold are the vintage jerseys.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
As much as I like the jersey, it really bothers me to see AGH referred to as “vintage.” I don’t like what it implies about me :laugh: seriously though, the swords and blue and gold are the vintage jerseys.
I was buying a pair of shot glasses at a shop in the concourse tonight. Said "I'll take the old school" referring to the blue and gold, and the woman handed me two goatheads. Took me a second to compute lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad