Confirmed with Link: Sabres unveil 2022-23 AGH Unis!!!!!!

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Yes, back to the 90's! When 90% of the teams in the league wore black as their primary color and the TV picture quality was so bad that you couldn't tell which team was which! You just knew that when the team with white jerseys and black pants scored on the team with black jerseys and black pants, you high-fived. Simpler times.

EDIT: Also you could not, under any circumstances, see the puck, so, realistically, if you saw a bunch of white jerseys hugging and Gary Thorne was screaming "RAYMOND BOURQUE" or whatever the f***, you were like, "hey, a goal!" But also then you had to wait 10 minutes to make sure there wasn't a skate in the crease. Anyway...the '90's!

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yes, back to the 90's! When 90% of the teams in the league wore black as their primary color and the TV picture quality was so bad that you couldn't tell which team was which! You just knew that when the team with white jerseys and black pants scored on the team with black jerseys and black pants, you high-fived. Simpler times.

EDIT: Also you could not, under any circumstances, see the puck, so, realistically, if you saw a bunch of white jerseys hugging and Gary Thorne was screaming "RAYMOND BOURQUE" or whatever the f***, you were like, "hey, a goal!" But also then you had to wait 10 minutes to make sure there wasn't a skate in the crease. Anyway...the '90's!

The 90s!

9DCC899B-C63E-4659-9723-3F0EB038C708.jpeg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

They look awesome

Good call Comrie, rather endearing move that can only help to summon the proper goaltending spirits.

Man, when did this team stop f***ing things up (knock on wood)? That reveal was fantastic, everything looks great, just really well-done.

And damn, that nostalgia. I loved those jerseys as a kid, then wanted the originals, but damn is it fun to revisit that look, that feel, those times. Got a bunch of dudes who’d fit right in on those squads and vice versa.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good call Comrie, rather endearing move that can only help to summon the proper goaltending spirits.

Man, when did this team stop f***ing things up (knock on wood)? That reveal was fantastic, everything looks great, just really well-done.

And damn, that nostalgia. I loved those jerseys as a kid, then wanted the originals, but damn is it fun to revisit that look, that feel, those times. Got a bunch of dudes who’d fit right in on those squads and vice versa.

I had a similar thought this morning. Even the reveal for my least favorite color scheme for them was well done.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

When they hired a brand new PR team lol

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I’ve fallen victim to nostalgia from these unis, it appears. When they originally changed from the OG unis to them, I was upset beyond belief. But the team was good and I have so many great memories from the Hasek era, and the 05-06 run. Still though, I wanted the blue and gold back. Instead, we got the… slug. No takesies backsies, they said!

But now that we finally have our beautiful originals back (mostly), seeing the AGH again in black and red gave me chills. The unveiling video was perfect. So kudos to their media department for that. Love them as the 3rds, and I hope they stay for a while. Can’t wait to see them in action!

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There is only one jersey in the entire league that the NHL Store is sold out of and I bet you can guess which one it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad