Rumor: Sabres trying to trade Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He could be a piece for Rangers rebuild if Rangers could get him cheaper than this real value is. If he was to bloom in Rangers that would be a real kickstart to Rangers' rebuild with Trouba and Kakko just joining the team as well. He knows Kakko too.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I’m not a huge numbers guy but in 5 1/2 seasons he is -143

I realize buffalo has been bad but still

That’s what happens when you play 26+ minutes a game on the worst team in the league. He’s not a shut down defenseman and multiple Buffalo coaches used him
In the massive minute eating role. Probably why they’ve been the laughing stock of the league for so long.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I really hope they don't trade him. I don't trust Botts to get anything good in return. I'd rather keep him and see what he can do with Dahlin taking over as our #1, and give Risto less of responsibility

His TOI dropped almost 2 mins per game last year from the previous year. Any less responsiblity and were paying a 3rd pair D man close to 6 mil when we already have one of those that isnt likely to move

Reactions: Dr Quincy

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
That’s what happens when you play 26+ minutes a game on the worst team in the league. He’s not a shut down defenseman and multiple Buffalo coaches used him
In the massive minute eating role. Probably why they’ve been the laughing stock of the league for so long.
Ever consider the reverse? That Buffalo is bad because they have a bad player playing 25 minutes per game?

Reactions: Homesick

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
His TOI dropped almost 2 mins per game last year from the previous year. Any less responsiblity and were paying a 3rd pair D man close to 6 mil when we already have one of those that isnt likely to move

Because they gave those minutes to Dahlin, they need to cut him back more. Hes not a shut down defenseman, hes an offensive defenseman with a big body that gets under the skin of the other team. It's hard to play a physical game for 26 minutes a night and not get caught flat footed or ice the puck when in trouble. Everyone sees the problem, the coaches have even discussed it publically, they just keep doing the same damn thing year after year.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He’ll get less than subban did in a trade

Wouldnt be surprised if they were targetting a similar type of deal in terms of the component pieces, too - young NHLer(s), prospect(s) & pick(s)

The main difference IMO is that Ristolainen is making 3.6m less than Subban and Buffalo might be willing to take salary back to make a deal happen... that expands the market considerably. I think the market softening we saw with Subban was more related to the market for capspace than it was to the market for RD

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Anybody know how connected this guy is?
There've been completely different takes on this, especially after Krueger saying he'd like to work with him and see what they've got. 40+ point RHDmen don't grow on trees.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Because they gave those minutes to Dahlin, they need to cut him back more. Hes not a shut down defenseman, hes an offensive defenseman with a big body that gets under the skin of the other team. It's hard to play a physical game for 26 minutes a night and not get caught flat footed or ice the puck when in trouble. Everyone sees the problem, the coaches have even discussed it publically, they just keep doing the same damn thing year after year.

Believe me I see the problem too. I've always thought hed thrive playing a less responsible role with PP time. But given bogosian may not be going anywhere, hes the asset to shop. Teams will look at size and his style of play and think they can be the answer

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast

Probably why he wants out? To a team that plays him correctly?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Anybody know how connected this guy is?
There've been completely different takes on this, especially after Krueger saying he'd like to work with him and see what they've got. 40+ point RHDmen don't grow on trees.

He is about as reliable as they come after the likes of Bobby Mac/LeBrun/Friedman

Reactions: uncleben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad