Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign G Devon Levi to a 3 year ELC

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The right decision. Let’s actually commit to it this time/

Last time was an injury recall. Would or should the Sabres recall Tokarski or Cooley instead? Maybe they should, but would they?

Edit: Or they won't.

Screenshot_20240120_100845_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dex

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Getting very faint Grigorenko vibes in terms of Levi’s development. Probably nothing.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
This is the right move and should have been done a while ago. Let Devon carry a heavy workload the rest of the year and go on a playoff run in Roch. Let UPL carry a heavy workload and work on his consistency in BUF. It will be best for both goalies and the organization long-term (and probably short-term too)

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Tinfoil hat on ...

Kevyn made a handshake agreement that Levi would play less than insert-number-here regular season games in Rochester.

Tinfoil hat off.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
They just wanted to get Levi a game. He lost his game from this weeks rotation due to UPL’s play.
Getting Levi some games should be priority #1 in his development plan. In Rochester. Let Comrie ride the pine behind UPL, who's fully earned his shot at proving himself starter material, for the rest of the season.

HC and GM are being mind-numbingly stupid in their handling of Levi. Think about it - he sits on the bench for the 5th game in a row today, drives to Rochester to play tonight, drives back tomorrow to get on the plane for a CA roadtrip.

There isn't a development plan. They're just winging it depending on how UPL plays. Pathetic.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Has UPL earned the the starting goaltender job? Yes. I love how he's been playing and am very happy for him. It appears that the Sabres feel the same way. At the same time. it appears to me that the Sabres don't want to have Comrie playing at the NHL level unless he needs to play because of an in-game injury to UPL.

I guess I don't understand what the problem is with having Levi get some game action in nearby Rochester before going on a road trip in which he is likely to play because of the back to back in Anaheim and LA. To me that makes sense. Rochester doesn't play a game until the 26th and 27th anyway and have two other goalies who need get action as well.

If it were up to me, when the west coast trip is over, I'd have Levi back in Rochester to get regular games. I'd call him up to play instead of Comrie whenever the Sabres want to give UPL a game off - and send him right back down.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
This is the right move and should have been done a while ago. Let Devon carry a heavy workload the rest of the year and go on a playoff run in Roch. Let UPL carry a heavy workload and work on his consistency in BUF. It will be best for both goalies and the organization long-term (and probably short-term too)
Sir this is the Sabres we don't do what's best for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad