Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign D Erik Johnson to a 1 year deal worth $3.25M

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If this is his only move to shore up the D I won't be happy. But that salary makes me think it will be.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well Colorado fans say he's already washed up and can only play minutes of the third pair. Adams can't screw up and sign him for a top 4 role.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Cup winning vet with 1OA pedigree, I like it as a depth move but do not like it if this is our only addition at D. Certainly a better option than Clague types

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe Joker will be part of a package for a good D.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Adams is hedging his bets that one of Joker or Johnson will be able to play that second pair role. I don’t love that bet, but I think that’s what they are banking on.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
In a vacuum, it doesn't look great. Luckily, hockey isn't played in a vacuum. Having a veteran leader on defense to help power between shifts or in the locker rooms or off ice? That could be worth the contract right there. Ideally though, we still look at Joker moving out and a number four right defenseman being added, hence the vacuum comment.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
In a vacuum, it doesn't look great. Luckily, hockey isn't played in a vacuum. Having a veteran leader on defense to help power between shifts or in the locker rooms or off ice? That could be worth the contract right there. Ideally though, we still look at Joker moving out and a number four right defenseman being added, hence the vacuum comment.
We got Clifton.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The key part of the card is his role as depth. If this is the move this off-season…you shouldn’t

I highly doubt this is the only move this off-season. It's not even one hour into Free Agency.

And less than 10 minutes later we sign Clifton. Good things come to those who don't panic.

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
3rd pairing when he's healthy. Now who are they gonna pair him with?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
punting on another season
The worst case scenario with Adams is missing the playoffs for two more years but then hopefully getting a senior GM that can help us.
I don't think Adams will hurt the franchise like the ones before him.

The best case scenario is our prospects blooming under Granato and us becoming contenders without help from trades/signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad