Recalled/Assigned: Sabres Recall G Jonas Johansson from Rochester (1-29-20)

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Will they actually give Johansson a fair shake or is it just ride Hutton to the basement time?

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Really look forward to seeing how his game translates at the NHL level.

The Sabres are not a strong team defensively, but not tank level. Let's hope he gets some starts and maybe surprises us all.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I wonder if that means UPL gets called up to Roc.

I would think so. Hammond probably gets 2/3rds of the starts, UPL 1/3rd is my guess.

Will they actually give Johansson a fair shake or is it just ride Hutton to the basement time?

Somewhere in between. I'm not sure JJ will get a "fair shake", but we won't ride Hutton like we've been riding Linus. If Ullmark is done the rest of the year, I could see a 25/7 split Hutton/JJ.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Hutton gets 2 bad starts before they move past him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Hutton gets 2 bad starts before they move past him.

So the next two games. Check.

Although this team is so steeped in old school "vets uber alles" mentality, he'll probably get way, way more than that since he has already shown he is incapable of doing the job. He's about 6 games too deep into his slump, but they keep rolling him out there anyway, getting shelled and letting in softy after softy.

So Hutton, who has been utterly terrible in his last 12 or so starts is our best option at the moment? :( I'd rather them just take a chance on Jonas.

See what the kid can do. But I don't think that is how this organization operates.

Reactions: EmeraldCitySabre

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
So Hutton, who has been utterly terrible in his last 12 or so starts is our best option at the moment? :( I'd rather them just take a chance on Jonas.
I do sense they have no faith in Hutton, and suspect it is one of the reason why UPL was given that start in Roc at the end of December almost immediately after Hutton laid an egg the first game he was given a start. Could just be coincidence. But as I said earlier, I wouldn't put it past Hutton to catch fire when he realizes this is he last shot at the NHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I do sense they have no faith in Hutton, and suspect it is one of the reason why UPL was given that start in Roc at the end of December almost immediately after Hutton laid an egg the first game he was given a start. Could just be coincidence. But as I said earlier, I wouldn't put it past Hutton to catch fire when he realizes this is he last shot at the NHL.

They had said all along that UPL getting games in Rochester at that point was to assess UPL's development. Hutton's were-hen abilities are separate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad