Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Dahlin 8 years $88 million ($11 million AAV)

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Tried to post this just a minute ago but apparently I can't post links anymore? Weird. Anyway, YAY!

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
For a max term deal, that’s about the best we could have hoped for. Hopefully we see a little bump in the cap.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
HOT DOG HOT DOG HOT DIGGITY DOG

Imma buy 4 Dahlin jerseys now

11.5 would have been fair for 8 years with the cap increases and salary inflation, just like the NFL and NBA.

We got a bit of a discount.

Reactions: HOOats

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Fox and Makar's contracts look like absolute steals now while Dahlin gets paid like a NHL journeyman matching Doughty and just under Karlsson.

I don't like the AAV because I don't think the cap is going to go up much. They always say it will but then goes up 1 million or 2 a year. This also isn't a discount at all.

Prove me wrong NHL.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Fox and Makar's contracts look like absolute steals now while Dahlin gets paid like a NHL journeyman matching Doughty and just under Karlsson.

I don't like the AAV because I don't think the cap is going to go up much. They always say it will but then goes up 1 million or 2 a year.

Prove me wrong NHL.
To be fair, the pandemic might have had a bit of an affect on that.

Reactions: Daz28

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
The Sabres did good not to bog themselves down with too many contracts. Depending on how Power plays this year he'll eat up 7-8 million on his next deal. VO is definitely gone after this season and so is Jost and EJ. They should still be in great shape cap wise.

Reactions: Dingo44

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

I don't like the AAV because I don't think the cap is going to go up much. They always say it will but then goes up 1 million or 2 a year. This also isn't a discount at all.

Prove me wrong NHL.
Makar got a bridge deal. He is going to be a UFA at age 28. Dahlin is going to be a UFA at 32. Big difference in the price.

And Fox is great, but I think Dahlin has the potential to be on a different tier than him, hence the contract difference.

This is a very fair deal for both sides. We can't fleece players on every contract like Thompson.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Prove me wrong NHL.
You'll feel better when Makar gets a stupid new contract in the summer of 2027, and Fox gets his in the summer of 2029. Dahlin's contract won't be up until the summer of 2032.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad