Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Captain Kyle Okposo to a 1 year deal worth $2.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
No, I don't post much so remember when posters say stupid things.

KO ain't even on the team anymore, so it would be strange to call him out individually, but also, a coach and captain would have been of equal blame for the crap the players were saying.

Appreciate the personal attack. Welcome to my mute list.

Also, I feel like you don't particularly have a good understanding of the difference between a captain and a coach. Also the coach is no longer part of the team, and that didn't stop the players from making a lot of comments about how they did not feel challenged and held accountable.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I think the problem with Okposo the hockey player began after he had that ICU admission and sort of near death experience a couple years back. I believe it changed him - and fair enough. He seemed to be much more in "just happy to be alive, happy to be here" mode afterwards. I'd probably feel the same way. But I think that's when he lost the hyper competitiveness and "I would cut off my left arm to win" burning desire that the Sabres needed.
He sucked before the ICU injury and he sucked after. Didn't live up to the $6m avv a single year of his 7 year contract.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just to point out that it wasn’t until after he had the concussion medication reaction that he decided he wanted to leave the team better than it was in his words. He didn’t put himself forward for leadership or as a voice in the room in the same way. So let’s take a step back from some revision that the ICU incident cut into his play or shifted him into some guy just accepting a paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad