GDT: Sabres @ Ducks 10PM EST TV:ESPN+/Hulu Radio:WGR550 Small Team in a Small Pond

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Someone should Vito Corleone Matt Ellis - saw a net in half and put it in his bed tonight. Make him a resignation offer he can't refuse.
Hey I know a guy...
20240124_005208.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Certainly his worst game of the season. Gave serious flashbacks to his crap last year

He's had a few. Him having "good possession metrics" is like Colin Miller in a 3rd pairing role on a puck possession team being some sort of analytics darling. Or going back further, Cody Franson.

He's not a capable top 4 defenseman. He's small, plays small, and does not bring any sort of dynamic element to the table. Part of their PK improvement? He's not on it. At all. Check the SHTOI, him and Dahlin are off of it because Joki is possibly worse than Fitz at being completely mesmerized by the puck and drifting out of position - and Fitz is the poster boy for that.

I'd also like to offer up a gratuitous "get off my f***ing team" to Jeff Skinner for tonight's almost completely mailed in performance. Yes, there is a reason why you have never played in the playoffs Jeff. It's you. You're the problem, it's you.

JJ "I have to play defense too?!?" Peterka can join you in getting a boot in the ass. Grow up and start treating this like a profession.

Last edited:

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I'd also like to offer up a gratuitous "get off my f***ing team" to Jeff Skinner for tonight's almost completely mailed in performance. Yes, there is a reason why you have never played in the playoffs Jeff. It's you. You're the problem, it's you.
The shit he pulls nightly with the lack of back checks and long shifts alone are reason enough to get him gone. Wanna talk about vets that set examples for the kids

Reactions: BFLO and Chainshot

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The shit he pulls nightly with the lack of back checks and long shifts alone are reason enough to get him gone. Wanna talk about vets that set examples for the kids

Not in anyway defending Skinner but....who has taken that role from him? Quinn and Peterka need to step up. Tuch as well though at this point we kinda know what we have with him.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
A Sabres special.

- Playoff hopes hanging by a frayed thread.
- Well rested and fully healthy against a league doormat missing key players.
- Play like absolute dogshit for 50+ minutes.
- Turn it on and get within one to tease the fans, in large part by finally putting Greenway net-front.
- Force your 6 skaters to play a far-too-long shift because you're too inept to make changes on the fly.
- Concede the inevitable ENG.
- Start some tough-guy antics with a superfluous cheap shot on Gibson, long past the time they might have been useful.

UPL was solid again. Can't really fault him on any of the 3 goals.

Hey hey, ho ho, Don and co have got to go.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
A Sabres special.

- Playoff hopes hanging by a frayed thread.
- Well rested and fully healthy against a league doormat missing key players.
- Play like absolute dogshit for 50+ minutes.
- Turn it on and get within one to tease the fans, in large part by finally putting Greenway net-front.
- Force your 6 skaters to play a far-too-long shift because you're too inept to make changes on the fly.
- Concede the inevitable ENG.
- Start some tough-guy antics with a superfluous cheap shot on Gibson, long past the time they might have been useful.

UPL was solid again. Can't really fault him on any of the 3 goals.

Hey hey, ho ho, Don and co have got to go.
I'm probably the biggest krebs homer here....but where was that spark the first 50 mins?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'm probably the biggest krebs homer here....but where was that spark the first 50 mins?
Truth.

He was trying to emulate Iginla's warrior demeanor at the end of lost games - I'm gonna kick your ass anyway, just so you remember us for the next game. Except, you know, without the size, toughness, and HoF skill set and career.

I like Krebs. I believe he's a hockey player with an as yet undiscovered role to fill. If he does, it's extremely unlikely that Don and crew will find it.

Reactions: DJN21

Franchise32of32

Jan 24, 2024
Well, I would say 1st Krebs himself isn't tough, so he knows if plays the rat he's going to get dummied by half a dozen different guys on the Ducks and exactly zero of his teammates will do anything to help him because none of them are tough either. Radko Gudas, by himself, could beat up any 5-pansy unit the Sabres put on the ice at one time.
2nd, despite what they say, these players do not like or play for their coach. It is obvious they have zero respect for him or the veterans on the team. And, why would they? They are all happy to be in Buffalo. That is the only requirement Kevyn Adams has for a player: do you want to be in Buffalo. It's a very comfortable place to be, the Sabres locker room, for a dog crap team having their 13th miserable season in a row.

Reactions: BFLO

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Well, I would say 1st Krebs himself isn't tough, so he knows if plays the rat he's going to get dummied by half a dozen different guys on the Ducks and exactly zero of his teammates will do anything to help him because none of them are tough either. Radko Gudas, by himself, could beat up any 5-pansy unit the Sabres put on the ice at one time.
2nd, despite what they say, these players do not like or play for their coach. It is obvious they have zero respect for him or the veterans on the team. And, why would they? They are all happy to be in Buffalo. That is the only requirement Kevyn Adams has for a player: do you want to be in Buffalo. It's a very comfortable place to be, the Sabres locker room, for a dog crap team having their 13th miserable season in a row.
2 posts...wow. welcome I guess. Wont get a rise out of me, try someone else. Also make better use of your time...

Franchise32of32

Jan 24, 2024
2 posts...wow. welcome I guess. Wont get a rise out of me, try someone else. Also make better use of your time...
I wasn't aware I was trying to get a rise out of you. I see you enjoy lecturing people and pretending to be a victim. Shocker.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Krebs lacks talent, I don't get why you'd stick with a player like that. He's not waiting to put it together, he's an ineffective grinder. Put him in the AHL. If there's a hidden upside, bring him up when he's proven himself.

Defensively, he's not any better than Olofsson, but with zero upside.

Reactions: BFLO and Tatanka

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Missed the game. Wasn’t staying up to watch a heartless organization with the worst GM/Coach combo and it looks like judging by all of your reactions, it was the right decision.

Please Pegula admit you’re wrong and fire these guys. It’s not even fair to them. They aren’t even remotely qualified. Bring in hockey people with a resume of consistent success.

Reactions: Willgamesh

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think that game is curtains for Donnie. Be surprised to see him as the coach still once back from the west coast trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad