Rumor: Sabres could deal Viktor Antipin

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
when playing in the KHL his value was inflated by skilled partners on D. He is a decent KHL puck moving d-man. I had doubts he will stick in the NHL, not physical enough, not strong enough, not very good defensively,.
Hopefully he will get a fresh start somewhre, if he goes back to the KHL he will have no problems finding a well paid job though, whether it is with home team Metallurgh or the SKA's of the world.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Multipoint night in his Sabres finale today.

Not because they’re trading him...because Housley will probably send him back to the press box for the rest of the year for reasons no one knows.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I don't know how a guy, the way you are describing him, cannot get a shot on that atrocious defence. Whether he is in the coach's doghouse or not. Housley isn't flush with players that he can just scratch Antipin for no reason.

My bet is that he's just not an NHL level player.

He didn't have a start strong and put him in the doghouse. He has improved most notably since Jan 1st. Housley is using more experienced players at the moment.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He’s been better than Beaulieu every single game he’s played. Beaulieu never comes out of the lineup. Sometimes Gorges and Falk play over him and they’re worse.

Maybe it’s the coach.

Reactions: Chainshot

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
What would you want for Kane + Antipin from the caps? Also any Antipin like prospect throw ins you've soured on.

Vrana

Ovi/Backstrom are only going to be around for so long, same with Holtby so they might as well go all in while they can

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
This is a classic case of a coach inexplicably disliking a player. Hopefully Botterill is a better judge of hockey talent than the myopic coach he hired. If not, we can look forward to many "still can't believe how badly we fleeced the Sabres on Antipin" posts next season.

He should have been a top-4 fixture, when healthy. The Sabres defense is woeful. He'll be a quite serviceable player for a team that acquires him, and a pleasant surprise to their fans.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
If the Jets can acquire him for a price that doesn't leave my jaw bruised from hitting the floor, I'd be ecstatic. My depth D-man of choice, quite frankly.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
With the Botteril connection and Geno/Gonchar Metallurg connection, one imagines that the Pens could be in the know if there was something worth knowing there.

But it seems a reach/gamble if the objective is to get someone to bolster the third pairing for the short term over options like Hunwick and Ruhwedel. Of course, it could also be a Justin Schultz redux.... which would be nice.

Reactions: domaug and 66-30-33

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't know how a guy, the way you are describing him, cannot get a shot on that atrocious defence. Whether he is in the coach's doghouse or not. Housley isn't flush with players that he can just scratch Antipin for no reason.

My bet is that he's just not an NHL level player.
He's a much better NHL player than Housley is an NHL head coach, that's for sure.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Beaulieu, however... Actually, I'd give him away free to any home. Good, bad, whatever..Just take him.

I second this.

Antipin needed time to adjust from KHL to NHL, and the situation he was thrown into (Sabres defense) was the worst possible situation for anyone to be thrown into.

He is a good low risk acquisition if the Sabres are really willing to give up on him already. I wont be happy about it, I don't see the point in trading him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad