Rumor: Sabres could deal Viktor Antipin

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Stupid if true. Antipin has played well all year and has ended up in Housley's doghouse despite being the 3rd best defenseman on the team. Decent skater, good puck mover, not overly physical but good at 1-on-1 defending. I can see why teams would want to buy low - if given a better opportunity, I woudn't be surprised if he developed into a good middle pairing D.

As a team that needs defense, especially defensemen that can effectively move the puck in transition...this is the exact type of player we should NOT be moving, especially when the return will be, what, a 3rd?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
People saying he's waiver material clearly haven't watched him....honestly i thought he's looked fine considering the situation he is in.

Reactions: Mr Orangeshirt

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
His price would be a 1st by a playoff team given his age and team control left of at least 2 more years.

Personally...I expected him to have an adjustment period to BA.

Reactions: FishManSam

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
He better not be available. Unless he straight up told the Sabres, "I'm not signing. Trade me or I go home," there is no reason to give up on him. If the return blows you away then so be it; otherwise losing him is a mistake. Typical buffalo...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Could the Pens be in on this? I know we are looking for another defenseman after Cole being traded. Could he play on our 3rd pairing and be a better option than Hunwick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad