Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps 1.27.2013 3 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
The difference between Caps and a team like CBJ is in skill, not form. The Caps may be in poor form, but individually, they are leagues ahead of the Jackets.

I Am Score*

218c3GG.png

Tied for third to last in goals, last in goals against and somehow amazingly only third to last in PK%.

As much as Buffalo has only had one line going, the Caps haven't really had any. Only Columbus seems like a more poorly constructed group at the moment and even they play harder.

They just lost Atkinson though so they're likely going to take a slight downward spiral.

We're a bad team right now but maybe Top 5 worst along with Columbus, Calgary, Toronto, and arguably Winnipeg knowing their past history. I would say Winnipeg is probably better than us at this point. I don't think Phoenix sitting there at the basement will last. And Florida is likely going to struggle out of the gate but it's up in the air. They could win the division, barely make the playoffs, or be in the Top 10 worst teams.

1. Columbus
2. Calgary
3. Toronto
4. Washington
5. Winnipeg

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
When those individuals are on an island it doesn't really matter much. This is the laziest team in the league to this point.

I Am Score*

When those individuals are on an island it doesn't really matter much. This is the laziest team in the league to this point.

True haha. I'm just saying talent wise we're right about there. Laziness factor easily #1.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009

I would have to add besides being the laziest, one of the slowest (comes with be lazy) and lacking a huge physical presence to play this game we call hockey.

The Caps, right know are a bunch of turds running around with no concept or will to win. They have been allowed to have excuses of why they play this way or that way for 3 yrs now. This team simply holds no one accountable, starting with the owner and works its way down to the captain, which should be stripped for his lack of effort.

Just blowing off steam before game time

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
watching the rolex 24. checker is at 3:30. by the time the race is over john carlson should have been on for 2 goals against

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I hope you realize how rude you're coming off as.

If Ovechkin breaks his slump with a RH and proves that he is better that way, who are you to say otherwise???

A simple change of direction can completely help a player rebound. Some centers like guys with right handed or left handed sticks as well. If you listened to Ribeiro he said it was nice that both wings played according to their position.

It's not going to "drastically" help but it could get him out of his slump.

He's just being honest... albeit, brutally honest.

BTW... I'm quite familiar with Grigorenko. He couldn't make the Red Wings, despite being foisted over many other prospects who were more deserving.

2 things:

He has very poor judgement (in his personal life).

His work effort lacks.

And... if I recall, he's small.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That's a pretty dangerous experiment though.

What if he turns out to be amazing with a RH Center? Do you move Nick to the 2nd line permanently? Where is Ribeiro, a third line center at his price point?

Who do you fill the top spot with?

That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.

Dangerous for who though? Ovi is used to Hunter not playing him much. And we ended up with our 1st point of the year. And the team learned you can get rewarded big time for hard work.

If George decides he wants a top line RH center, maybe we can stick Ribs to wing since he sucks in the dot anyways. Or trade him for a similar RH player.

I don't know who that player may be. I want to see what Ribs can do at 1C first before moving him anywhere.

Laich/Hendricks/WW/Ward Riberio Ovi

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
He's just being honest... albeit, brutally honest.

BTW... I'm quite familiar with Grigorenko. He couldn't make the Red Wings, despite being foisted over many other prospects who were more deserving.

2 things:

He has very poor judgement (in his personal life).

His work effort lacks.

And... if I recall, he's small.

When did Grigorenko try out for the Wings? :huh:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
The difference between Caps and a team like CBJ is in skill, not form. The Caps may be in poor form, but individually, they are leagues ahead of the Jackets.

Geez... what brought this up?

CBJ has quite a few quality D parts... a pretty fair goalie, and forwards who have bought into their system. They may not always win, but they'll not be pushovers anymore.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
When did Grigorenko try out for the Wings? :huh:

If it's the same one (and I think it is), he was a highly touted draft pick.

Warning: I rely on my memory. I will never post a cherry-picked post with facts dug out to make points. Hence, I am wrong sometimes.

If I am wrong, I'll admit as much.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
watching the rolex 24. checker is at 3:30. by the time the race is over john carlson should have been on for 2 goals against

You have a rolex? Cool TX!

FORGOT: I have a Gibson watch my son bought me when he toured the Gibson guitar factory. It's still in the box... needs a battery and the band adjusted. Think I'll do that soon.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If it's the same one (and I think it is), he was a highly touted draft pick.

Warning: I rely on my memory. I will never post a cherry-picked post with facts dug out to make points. Hence, I am wrong sometimes.

If I am wrong, I'll admit as much.

I don't follow prospects closely, so I could be wrong as well, but I know that the Grigorenko we were talking about was drafted by Buffalo just this year, right after the Caps took Forsberg. Was there another Grigorenko?

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I don't follow prospects closely, so I could be wrong as well, but I know that the Grigorenko we were talking about was drafted by Buffalo just this year, right after the Caps took Forsberg. Was there another Grigorenko?

Of course, it could be a different player. I'll look it up later.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Mike Vogel‏@VogsCaps

No morning skate, so we won't know until warm-ups. But sounded like they'd be the same. @mikerocksthered: Any word on the lines for today?

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Great hockey day!

Got me a rack of St Louis cut ribs to smoke, several games to watch, and BBQ Pitmasters on tv tonight.

C'mon Caps... win this game!!!!

I Am Score*

Great hockey day!

Got me a rack of St Louis cut ribs to smoke, several games to watch, and BBQ Pitmasters on tv tonight.

Damn you're lucky, I need to get in shape for hockey haha.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

There was Igor Grigorenko who was a Wings prospects years ago. But he's 29, and not related to Mikhail AFAIK.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Great hockey day!

Caps game at 3, then I go in net at 6:30 :D

You know it's novice league when the guy with the worst vision and slowest reflexes on the team is the goalie :biglaugh:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
There was Igor Grigorenko who was a Wings prospects years ago. But he's 29, and not related to Mikhail AFAIK.

Thanks, I thought there might have been something like that.

We'll have to ask Joe B. if they're related. Although he has shown remarkable restraint. I had my shots all ready to go a couple times and he didn't say it, despite golden set-ups.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would be surprised if Oates rolls with the exact same lineup. It took some late game gift TMM power plays to eek out a point. We still looked disorganized and lost, albeit slightly less than the game before.

I would like to see Riberio and Fehr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad