GDT: Sabres @ Canadiens 7PM TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
It should have happened two months ago but this feels like a great spot for one of our two (?) guys who plays on the edge to push it. I'm not saying go crazy, just lightly assault someone. "Two minutes well worth it," Team Iceland style. Pretend Slaf is some yokel from Cheektowaga who's been booing you over emotional trauma they suffered when you were 9.

The season is shot, you're playing a hated rival in the most passionate building in the NHL, so show us some hate. I want to see who has the heart to back up their supposed best buddies. If we're going to make hockey trades I want to make sure we keep the actual hockey players.

Nothing breaks up a country club party like a smashed beer bottle. "Hey why don't I just go eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?"

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No tanking. This team loses enough as it is. No reason at all to reinforce "acceptable losses".
Here’s the problem with this black and white thinking

We don’t reinforce shit however we root. The organization has reinforced acceptable losses. They do so every time Ellis grabs a white board and Donnie runs a practice. They do so every time they run back the same lineup. Hell...we got to see what winning all those games down the stretch last year gets you from this organization: NOTHING. No additions. No urgency. No standard.

Fans don't control this narrative that concerns you so much. The Sabres do. And they’ve already shown you how they’ll react to a late season run to nowhere. Is that what you want? Is that what’s best for this team moving forward? Fans want what’s best for this organization. What does the organization want?

Wanting them to win meaningless games so they can minimize meaningful changes? That’s f***ing tanking. A lot more than a season.

Reactions: ruff22 and Fearnot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I will say he hasn't looked good the last couple games but so hasn't EJ or Clifton... To your point, must make the kid sit

Didn't even realize they were playing until I checked potential survivor picks for the week lol

Go kid line and UPL I guess

Doesn't Skinner have some insane scoring touch vs. MTL?

Skinner has a non-confirmed portion of the Molson family option on the team. Said another way: he owns them.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'm fairly certain that an NHL professional, even a rookie, would make a mature assessment.

But if I was R Johnson I couldn't help but think "You're benching me for Kale Clague? Wtaf?"

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm fairly certain that an NHL professional, even a rookie, would make a mature assessment.

But if I was R Johnson I couldn't help but think "You're benching me for Kale Clague? Wtaf?"
I totally get that rookies occasionally need to sit down a game and watch from the box. I get that.

This just feels like wrong time for RJ to sit. EJ should be the one sitting tonight

Assuming RJ is healthy though.....and given that there's something going around, that's not a given

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I totally get that rookies occasionally need to sit down a game and watch from the box. I get that.

This just feels like wrong time for RJ to sit. EJ should be the one sitting tonight

Assuming RJ is healthy though.....and given that there's something going around, that's not a given
It can’t hurt to watch from the press box. Or maybe it will be very painful. Nvm.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It should have happened two months ago but this feels like a great spot for one of our two (?) guys who plays on the edge to push it. I'm not saying go crazy, just lightly assault someone. "Two minutes well worth it," Team Iceland style. Pretend Slaf is some yokel from Cheektowaga who's been booing you over emotional trauma they suffered when you were 9.

The season is shot, you're playing a hated rival in the most passionate building in the NHL, so show us some hate. I want to see who has the heart to back up their supposed best buddies. If we're going to make hockey trades I want to make sure we keep the actual hockey players.

Nothing breaks up a country club party like a smashed beer bottle. "Hey why don't I just go eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?"

Who are the two guys?

• Haha
Reactions: HOOats

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Question is -- would RJ be a healthy scratch, or is he battling that bug that's going around the room?
Thank god okposo is still in there. Would not want to take him out of lineup

Note using sarcasm font
What does RJ being sick or healthy scratched have ANYTHING to do with Okposo??
it doesn’t.
Did you read the part where forward lines are the same?
That was also part of the message

I would rather see anyone in the line up than ko

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I've listed myself as a healthy scratch, it's unknown if I'll miss the rest of the season due to hardly giving a flying fk anymore. More to be announced later

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also as a bit of a curse, my daughter just decided to go on a coffee date with one of her classmates who is originally from Quebec. I haven't yet found out what his hometown is. Yet.

• Haha
Reactions: oldgoalie

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
In my old Angeles City days I'd meet up with the local Habs contingent for the game and Filipino delicacies to munch on. There were several guys that work for an aerospace training company with one of the guy's brother being a professional scout for the hated Leafs

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Just be careful that they don't commit you for speaking in tounges.
The filipina asawa used to get mad when I'd translate her favorite Korean dramas or when I'd make her watch Sabado Gigante and tell her it's the predecessor to her beloved Showtime. She'd swap dialects when talking about me to her friends until I started answering her in Waray

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I gotta say watching Granato's sabres team is almost as boring as the Kreuger team

I still watch because meh, what else to do on a Wednesday night.

Reactions: BFLO

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
The filipina asawa used to get mad when I'd translate her favorite Korean dramas or when I'd make her watch Sabado Gigante and tell her it's the predecessor to her beloved Showtime. She'd swap dialects when talking about me to her friends until I started answering her in Waray
It's official.

ONG's stories are much more entertaining than the Sabres games are.

:popcorn:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Thank God there was finally some accountability! After that disastrous game (and being terrible all year) i see that Granato benched Johnson for Clague.

I have no reason to assume it isn’t Erik Johnson because even I have more respect for Granato than to think he would pick ANYONE other than Erik Johnson to sit.

I’ll just comfortably sip this water while I slowly move my eyes to the left of the lineup chart to see that E next to…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad