We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20240221_101149_Instagram.jpg

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Man I don't want to root for a tank but I am rooting for a jettisoning of a handful of players and the idea of replacing them with Celebrini sounds real nice...
A tank at this point only results in a 2-3% boost in chances to get the 1st overall. We are too far out of playoff contention, and too far outside of tank territory to the point that the games really are meaningless. I guess we just root for the kids to have fun in Montreal. They can take Zach Benson out for some legal alcohol, so that's not nothing.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I've started "tunnel watching". I'm rooting for them to win and play well without any real thought of what the win or loss could or will mean. Just rooting for the Sabres to beat Montreal. That's all.

I never really though about it in that manner, but that's pretty much what I do. I've been a Sabres fan since year one - 1970 - and grew up loving the Sabres. Everything that has gone on since the Pegula era started has been so disappointing. But I still love the Sabres and I just can't bring myself to the level of hatred and disgust that is so much a part of the board these days because of that fact. So I watch the game, look for good plays and saves, hope they win and if they lose - there's always the next game. Go Sabres.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
A tank at this point only results in a 2-3% boost in chances to get the 1st overall. We are too far out of playoff contention, and too far outside of tank territory to the point that the games really are meaningless. I guess we just root for the kids to have fun in Montreal. They can take Zach Benson out for some legal alcohol, so that's not nothing.

I think the idea of rooting for a tank is so that you maintain a level of emotional investment in the franchise. The alternative, as you mentioned, is accepting that the games are all meaningless at this point.

I'm not arguing either way, just stating my opinion.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I've started "tunnel watching". I'm rooting for them to win and play well without any real thought of what the win or loss could or will mean. Just rooting for the Sabres to beat Montreal. That's all.
That’s a good way to numb the pain. Without context, this team may even be tolerable. I don’t think I possess the discipline or cognitive dissonance to pull that off, but it is a noteworthy strategy.

Reactions: LetsGoBuffalo1126

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
That’s a good way to numb the pain. Without context, this team may even be tolerable. I don’t think I possess the discipline or cognitive dissonance to pull that off, but it is a noteworthy strategy.
I have been doing this for years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man I don't want to root for a tank but I am rooting for a jettisoning of a handful of players and the idea of replacing them with Celebrini sounds real nice...

They won’t be that bad so in the meantime, let’s keep it as much as possible to chatting about tonight’s game here. We have a cross section of threads about jettisoning and drafting and all that. :)

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Didn't even realize they were playing until I checked potential survivor picks for the week lol

Go kid line and UPL I guess

Doesn't Skinner have some insane scoring touch vs. MTL?

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I never really though about it in that manner, but that's pretty much what I do. I've been a Sabres fan since year one - 1970 - and grew up loving the Sabres. Everything that has gone on since the Pegula era started has been so disappointing. But I still love the Sabres and I just can't bring myself to the level of hatred and disgust that is so much a part of the board these days because of that fact. So I watch the game, look for good plays and saves, hope they win and if they lose - there's always the next game. Go Sabres.
It's sad that I have a routine when it comes to this time of year, but here were are. I get into the counting stats, rooting for various milestones, etc. It helps to keep me engaged in mid-week games against Montreal with no stakes but removes the overall emotional investment which would keep me upset for the evening had they lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad