GDT: Sabres @ Canadiens 7PM TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Dahlin‘s dad look and sounds exactly like Rasmus would look if you put him into a “what will I look like in 30 years“ app.

It’s uncanny. I half expected him to run up to Rasmus and say he was him from the future and he came with a dire warning about listening to Matt Ellis.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Remember the "torpedo" system back at the end of the 90's? That was like watching someone imitate being an actual torpedo.

I don't know...it reminded me of Sabres-era Eric Staal. Which brings my question: W the actual F happens to veterans when they join this franchise? Someone, please explain this to me.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
A miniscule observation about a guy at the tail end of his career who gets criticized a lot in here, but gives every bit of effort he can muster.

Closely following Tuch's go-ahead shorty. 22 seconds left in Montreal's PP near the end of the 2nd. Anyone notice EJ wave Dahlin a few feet back around the circle just before the faceoff? A fossil advising our future captain and Norris winner about faceoff positioning. Cozens won the draw cleanly, right onto Dahlin's stick. Like *right* onto his stick.

Experience counts.

Great road win. Really proud of the lads tonight. Really happy for their dads et al.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Tuch's dad had a great opportunity to hit the Ric Flair and just didn't. UPL's dad obviously watches the games with the "taking care of you guys" lol and he said his name exactly how I say it in my head.
I think UPL's dad was just channeling Joker's legendary lineup announcement.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
A miniscule observation about a guy at the tail end of his career who gets criticized a lot in here, but gives every bit of effort he can muster.

Closely following Tuch's go-ahead shorty. 22 seconds left in Montreal's PP near the end of the 2nd. Anyone notice EJ wave Dahlin a few feet back around the circle just before the faceoff? A fossil advising our future captain and Norris winner about faceoff positioning. Cozens won the draw cleanly, right onto Dahlin's stick. Like *right* onto his stick.

Experience counts.

Great road win. Really proud of the lads tonight. Really happy for their dads et al.
This was a nice win. On the road in Montreal - there's nothing better. I'm really happy they won.

Brought back some nice memories for me as Montreal is such a special place to see a hockey game. I've been to a half dozen or so games in Montreal over the last decade, usually adding a night in Montreal to the annual ski trip to Mont Tremblant that I take with my sons. Only saw the Sabres play the Habs in Montreal once though. Special night. We started it off by stopping at Hurley's Irish Pub on Rue Crescent for something to eat before the game. Best Irish pub I've ever been in outside Ireland. The place was half full of Sabres fans that evening. Lots of friendly back and forth with the Canadiens' fans at the bar. We had seats up in the 400 level, second from the last row. Looking around it seemed that about 20% of the fans up there were Sabres fans. We sat down next to a young couple from North Tonawanda. The Montreal fans were very nice. Seeing I was a Sabres fan and that I looked old enough - I got questions from two different people about whether I ever saw Gilbert Perreault play and what was it like to experience. The Sabres won 3-2 in overtime. Carey Price made a spectacular save that brought crowd to its feet with about 5 seconds left to take the game to OT. Bogo scored the winner for the Sabres in the OT

I can only imagine how if felt for for the fathers and mentors of the players for be there tonight. I thought the fathers' introducing their sons before the game was great. Especially enjoyed UPL's father. Looking for positives, I thought Cozens had a real nice game. UPL made some nice stops down the stretch and Greenway continues his solid play.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
This was a nice win. On the road in Montreal - there's nothing better. I'm really happy they won.

Brought back some nice memories for me as Montreal is such a special place to see a hockey game. I've been to a half dozen or so games in Montreal over the last decade, usually adding a night in Montreal to the annual ski trip to Mont Tremblant that I take with my sons. Only saw the Sabres play the Habs in Montreal once though. Special night. We started it off by stopping at Hurley's Irish Pub on Rue Crescent for something to eat before the game. Best Irish pub I've ever been in outside Ireland. The place was half full of Sabres fans that evening. Lots of friendly back and forth with the Canadiens' fans at the bar. We had seats up in the 400 level, second from the last row. Looking around it seemed that about 20% of the fans up there were Sabres fans. We sat down next to a young couple from North Tonawanda. The Montreal fans were very nice. Seeing I was a Sabres fan and that I looked old enough - I got questions from two different people about whether I ever saw Gilbert Perreault play and what was it like to experience. The Sabres won 3-2 in overtime. Carey Price made a spectacular save that brought crowd to its feet with about 5 seconds left to take the game to OT. Bogo scored the winner for the Sabres in the OT

I can only imagine how if felt for for the fathers and mentors of the players for be there tonight. I thought the fathers' introducing their sons before the game was great. Especially enjoyed UPL's father. Looking for positives, I thought Cozens had a real nice game. UPL made some nice stops down the stretch and Greenway continues his solid play.
Some great memories there. Been to Montreal a few times, but never for a hockey game. That's an omission to correct some day. Check out Quebec City for a more legit Quebecois experience, and a more welcoming attitude, imho. Maybe Tremblant is similar. Si tu peut parler quelques mots, ca va mieux pour toi.

Great win tonight. They played with some moxy against a bitter rival, on the road, and UPL was the man yet again. I'll never give up on this team.

Reactions: Dex

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Some great memories there. Been to Montreal a few times, but never for a hockey game. That's an omission to correct some day. Check out Quebec City for a more legit Quebecois experience, and a more welcoming attitude, imho. Maybe Tremblant is similar. Si tu peut parler quelques mots, ca va mieux pour toi.

Great win tonight. They played with some moxy against a bitter rival, on the road, and UPL was the man yet again. I'll never give up on this team.
I have been to Quebec City a number of times. You’re right about the Quebecois experience. It’s a beautiful city and really is a fantastic place to visit. My sons and I spent a few days there last winter before heading up to Tremblant. It was during the winter carnival which was really nice. One of the highlights was the canoe race across St Lawrence River

Last edited:

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
He should have taken the penalty with 1 second left to help the atrocious PK % 😂
Wait you mean our 15th rank PK is atrocious?

UPL's dad saying his name was awesome.

Wait Clague played this game? I watched the entire game and didn't see him...

Sorry Skinner detractors have to sit down for a game.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
They won against a team that was trying to goon up a bit and be highly physical. That doesn't normally happen with this team, so I appreciate seeing it.

Reactions: Dex and Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
At times. The team just does not know how to get the puck back unless it's in their own end. Lots of chasing.
Well one of their best zone exit D is injured. Another one was scratched because Granato needs thicker glasses to spot which Johnson is a tire fire.

Hard not to chase when you don’t have guys who succeed at getting the puck out.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I don't know...it reminded me of Sabres-era Eric Staal. Which brings my question: W the actual F happens to veterans when they join this franchise? Someone, please explain this to me.
If you don't like that optional essay question on you Buffalo Sports SAT* exam (*Suffering our Accursed Teams), try the alternative question, "How the hell is Zach Bogosian still an active and starting NHL defenseman?"
I think UPL's dad was just channeling Joker's legendary lineup announcement.

Both the Jokiharus leave the impression they have a large wooded tract of land back home and once a week, just for fun, as a tandem, they chop down a towering old-growth tree with a double-sided axe. In two minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad