Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Unless you go with the specific intent of staging a protest with chants of "FIRE RALPH" and so on.

Then you are a Sabres hero.

I would do this more than watch the game. If...

Sabres announce ticketing details for opening the arena March 20

Tldr:

Tickets from 40 to 115 dollars.

Mandatory covid test that you have to pay for, for 64 dollars.

If anyone pays 100+ dollars to watch this team in person, this season, you're an enabler of critically stupid ownership and business practices.

Why can't a vaccination and test result from the VA suffice? :(

Reactions: ultra63

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
This just seems like a terrible idea. Yeah, the revenue is missed but it probably really ramps up their game costs as well and the fans that do show up are probably going to be creating a pretty ugly atmosphere.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
This just seems like a terrible idea. Yeah, the revenue is missed but it probably really ramps up their game costs as well and the fans that do show up are probably going to be creating a pretty ugly atmosphere.
You watch any YouTube channels or listen to podcasts about Hockey, and pretty much everyone says it's lucky there's no one there, because Sabres fan would be booing and no one can blame them

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I'm still betting that the vast majority of games get sold out or darned close to it.
I have only encountered 1 person on 2 Sabres forums, another Sabres thread on a different forum, and in person who said they would consider going.

I dont think its a glowing sign of their expectations that they have a window for STH, then another window for non-STH for the first game to sell 1900 seats.

I predict that they could possibly push 500-1000 for the first game but attendance will drop after that.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I would spend more TIME getting a COVID test and driving back and forth to the arena than I would be able to stomach watching the game.

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
I thought about going if I got a free ticket, since I have been lucky enough to be vaccinated.
But if I still have to go get a negative test on top of it, in the immortal words of Degeneration-X, I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA!

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm still betting that the vast majority of games get sold out or darned close to it.

If we were bubble of playoffs or in, definitely.

For this amount of effort and money, for this team, no way. They may broadcast that it’s sold out, but there’s no way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad