Mascherin
Laberge
DeBrincat
Lindgren

Last edited:

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
I think Fox is the best defensemen available. I think he's better then Clage but maybe thats biased as I watch a lot of the U-18 team. Another guy I really like is Bastien. Reuniting him and Nylander would recreate two thirds of the second best line in the CHL (Behind Marner, Dvorak, Tkachuk). I also really like Abramov but I don't think TM will pick a Russian.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Fox is the best defensemen available. I think he's better then Clage but maybe thats biased as I watch a lot of the U-18 team. Another guy I really like is Bastien. Reuniting him and Nylander would recreate two thirds of the second best line in the CHL (Behind Marner, Dvorak, Tkachuk). I also really like Abramov but I don't think TM will pick a Russian.

Asplund has also played with Nylander with some success.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York

I love Adam Fox, and would be happy with either him, Clague, or Girard. Only drawback I have is that he's a RHD, but he's one of the best quarterback style defensemen left in this draft.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think they try to hit a home run with fox. They don't really have a defensemen like him in the system.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Here's the remaining BPA from my board.

20 Rasmus Asplund W
24 Carl Grundstrom W
25 Kale Clague D
26 Pascal Laberge C
27 Jacob Moverare D
28 Libor Hajek D
29 Jordan Kyrou C
32 Tyler Benson W
33 Samuel Girard D
37 Cam Dineen D
38 Adam Fox D

I'd be happy with Grundstrom, Clague, Faberge, or Girard, off your list. I'd add in Bastien and Niemelainen to the list I'd be ok with.

Really hope it's Girard, if GMTM makes the pick.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Looking further down the road, I wouldn't mind using one of our thirds to take a flier on Sean Day, too.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I love Adam Fox, and would be happy with either him, Clague, or Girard. Only drawback I have is that he's a RHD, but he's one of the best quarterback style defensemen left in this draft.

At this point I wouldn't worry about handedness. By the time guys picked here are ready for the NHL there will be enough turnover on the roster. Especially for D-men with the longer development curve.

I want Murray to go for home run picks. We've got enough depth in the pipeline but we don't have a lot of high end guys. High risk picks should be the name of the game here.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Will Bitten is a talented kid, never lets up, good on offense and a terrier on defense. Undersized but not Debrincat small, NHL game is now friendlier to these types of players. He was quite impressive at the <18's.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
How come Dineen is so low on Bob McKenzie's list? (72)

He's small (under 6'), and not particularly fast. That combo has a very high bust rate. You have to draft him projecting a significant jump in physical maturity. I think he'll be available in the 3rd, and I think GMTM will pass.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
At this point I wouldn't worry about handedness. By the time guys picked here are ready for the NHL there will be enough turnover on the roster. Especially for D-men with the longer development curve.

I want Murray to go for home run picks. We've got enough depth in the pipeline but we don't have a lot of high end guys. High risk picks should be the name of the game here.

Just to drive the point home about handedness, here's Baker's prospect depth chart.

DEPTH%2BCHART%2BAPRIL%2B2016.gif

Not a lot on either side. For me, it's more about style. None of those guys are puck movers. If I'm Murray, I draft a whole bunch of puck movers and increase my odds that one of them works out.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
1. Clague
2. Hajek
3. Dahlen
4. Dineen
5. Asplund
6. Laberge
7. DeBrincat

Gimme one of those 7 at 38 and I'm thrilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad