Recalled/Assigned: Rychel/Chaput recalled from Springfield, Wennberg assigned to Springfield

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
There really is a hockey Gawd !!!!! Praise be to Gordie Howe.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
This. Is. Awesome.

I'm pumped to see Rychel, he's been lighting it up in the AHL.
Good luck to Wennberg. I feel bad for him. He was put in a bad situation and forced to do more than he was capable of because of these damn injuries. Hopefully he can light up the AHL and build confidence. He's got a lot of promise, but he's just not completely ready to play at this level.

About time management did something. Only took 22 games and a string of losing streaks to do so :clap:

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
ROFL? Recalling a player is something? We really are suffering through some hard times here.

Better than sitting on your ass watching this team lose game after game. The guys on the ice weren't getting it done. Plain and simple. A change was needed. Even if just a call-up like this. Rychel has earned this opportunity.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Happy to get to see Rychel. Chaput I was meh about. Anyone expecting these two to be saviors is probably going to be disappointed. Hopefully Wennberg gets some great experience down in Springfield.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'd rather keep all of the young guys in Springfield until we get a new coach.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Trade coming? Yeah, I agree. This is the beginning of a shakeup of some kind. True, Chaput is no savior. But at least he can play a capable 4th line center until Letestu is ready. With Dubie returning shortly, that makes Joey, Dubie and Boone the top three line centers with Chaput covering until Letestu returns. Bye Artie.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Alexander "scorelless" Wennberg out, Michael "scorelless" Chaput again in. Don't see any difference.
But Rychel will be interesting to see.
I think, Rychel-Chaput-Boll.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It was only a matter of time at this point of the season. I'm excited to see what Rychel can do.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Better than sitting on your ass watching this team lose game after game.

Let's see.. During is streak we also took a D-man off waivers and traded for one.

Yes, we were sitting on our ***** watching. Yes, bringing up someone that hasn't played in the NHL is a big deal.

:laugh:

Your excited because there is nothing else to be excited about.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm excited to see what Kerby can do, and Wennberg hopefully gets his confidence back in Springfield and returns after the deadline sellathon.

silver89

Nov 25, 2013
Sweden
Trade coming? Yeah, I agree. This is the beginning of a shakeup of some kind. True, Chaput is no savior. But at least he can play a capable 4th line center until Letestu is ready. With Dubie returning shortly, that makes Joey, Dubie and Boone the top three line centers with Chaput covering until Letestu returns. Bye Artie.

Nice try but Artie isn't going anywhere.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Chaput should make a huge impact. Can't wait to see him and Tropp, Cracknell, Boll and Gibbons make some serious things happen:laugh: Not one of these guys is fit for an AHL first line.

Rychel's 0.59 PPG is a good start but not call up worthy.

Jarmo's using buckets with leaky holes to try to right this ship. Ain't gonna work.

That being said, Wennberg needed to be sent down-about a month ago. He should benefit from being at a more appropriate level.

A little taste of the NHL will probably be a good thing for Rychel but I wouldn't expect much from him.

When you call up Chaput, it's an admission that all things have gone kaput.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Chaput should make a huge impact. Can't wait to see him and Tropp, Cracknell, Boll and Gibbons make some serious things happen:laugh: Not one of these guys is fit for an AHL first line.

Rychel's 0.59 PPG is a good start but not call up worthy.

Jarmo's using buckets with leaky holes to try to right this ship. Ain't gonna work.

That being said, Wennberg needed to be sent down-about a month ago. He should benefit from being at a more appropriate level.

A little taste of the NHL will probably be a good thing for Rychel but I wouldn't expect much from him.

When you call up Chaput, it's an admission that all things have gone kaput.

Pretty much. All of those prospects belong in the AHL.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
These call ups won't make a bit of difference.

Someone wake up Jarmo, as the season slip slides away

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
These call ups won't make a bit of difference.

Someone wake up Jarmo, as the season slip slides away

Like.??

GMs are like sharks that smell blood right now just looking to rip us off because we are desperate... teams are offering garbage and wanting our future in return. Ill sacrifice one season for the future of this organization, we need a player that not impacts this year, but the next 5-7 years (Horton replacement) it's in the clubs best interest to be patient and wait for the right deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad