Injury Report: Ryan Suter (Lower-Body Injury, Out for Season)

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
So i was watching tsn and ray was commenting that Suter plays 31 minutes!! this intrigued me so I went and analyzed his minutes and saw that he plays anywhere from 27 to 31 minutes. Why does he play so much? isn't their a risk of burning out before the playoffs. Just curious is it that the coach doesn't trust other D man, look i get that hes a legit #1 guy but the coach should shave some minutes to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Because he's a horse. He does cheat a bit (admitted by Suter) when his minutes are getting up there. Stays back a bit. Plays that much out of necessity. About as reliable as you can get, and most of our games are tightly contested.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Because he's a horse. He does cheat a bit (admitted by Suter) when his minutes are getting up there. Stays back a bit. Plays that much out of necessity. About as reliable as you can get, and most of our games are tightly contested.

Oh OK, that makes sense it just seems inefficient to keep on playing him that long sometimes. Don't get me wrong I respect that he can play all those heavy minutes, just wish the other D can ease into more minutes.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
So i was watching tsn and ray was commenting that Suter plays 31 minutes!! this intrigued me so I went and analyzed his minutes and saw that he plays anywhere from 27 to 31 minutes. Why does he play so much? isn't their a risk of burning out before the playoffs. Just curious is it that the coach doesn't trust other D man, look i get that hes a legit #1 guy but the coach should shave some minutes to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

That's the sad part his that the d behind have been pretty solid.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Suter is not a human. I think I read that he is some sort of government experiment. Half man, half machine.

Explains why he is able to play so many minutes, I suppose.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Oh OK, that makes sense it just seems inefficient to keep on playing him that long sometimes. Don't get me wrong I respect that he can play all those heavy minutes, just wish the other D can ease into more minutes.

That's the hope. So long as a handful of our D prospects reach enough of their potential to cut the mustard in the NHL, Suter should see less playing time.

Brodin is poised to be very, very good - just has to take that next step. Spurgeon has been irreplaceable this year and he's been getting a nice chunk of time. Don't see that changing.

TBH, the rest of our D-corps are serviceable and with GMCF's drafting track record so far, the young kids coming up and maybe a free agent or two should replace them soon enough.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Little known fact. Ryan Suter was actually created by Stan Lee and John Romita. He was actually the recipient of the Super Soldier Serum 2.0 as the heir apparent to Captain America, whom was still presumed dead at the time.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Little known fact. Ryan Suter was actually created by Stan Lee and John Romita. He was actually the recipient of the Super Soldier Serum 2.0 as the heir apparent to Captain America, whom was still presumed dead at the time.

centaur+warriorsmall.png

…with a hockey jersey.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Oh god don't make this a "Chuck Norris Facts" thread :facepalm:

Then again, that could be a fun thing to put on a blog. Llama? What do you think?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Oh god don't make this a "Chuck Norris Facts" thread :facepalm:

Then again, that could be a fun thing to put on a blog. Llama? What do you think?

It's not my fault Avder. Tonight's GDT is titled "Avengers Edition". Suter's origin story game out before I knew what happened. I cannot be held responsible for the words that come out of my computer. :naughty: The scary thing is I'm not even drinking tonight.

space321

May 11, 2011
He had only 11 minuts last night?

Injured?

He got benched after he goofed on the SH goal against. :sarcasm:

Actually Yeo shut down the top guys halfway through the game, probably didn't want injuries in such a chippy game.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think it has more to do with Yeo and his inability to coach.

Play if safe, where is Suter at?

Suter is smart enough to play Yeo's way and still know the perfect moment to have success.
Ballard is different bread all together.
Brodin Scandella try to pick spots but seem to choose wrong at times and Spurgeon got good and picking the perfect situation to look good on the ice and in his coaches eyes.
Prosser, Blum and Stoner are just there becasue it makes sense to dress 6 d men.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think it has more to do with Yeo and his inability to coach.

Play if safe, where is Suter at?

Suter is smart enough to play Yeo's way and still know the perfect moment to have success.
Ballard is different bread all together.
Brodin Scandella try to pick spots but seem to choose wrong at times and Spurgeon got good and picking the perfect situation to look good on the ice and in his coaches eyes.
Prosser, Blum and Stoner are just there becasue it makes sense to dress 6 d men.

It has nothing to do with that.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I wanted to post that part from True Detective where Woody Harrelson goes, "I caught zero logic in all that...and that last part? Pure gibberish." But I couldn't find it.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
But it's a potential problem, and we know all problems occur because of Mike Yeo.

Not sure what you're failing to understand here.

So yesterday when he played for 11mins it was bad coaching by Yeo? Got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00