Player Discussion Ryan Strome

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
I wont compare to Zib but Strome is playing better than many fans give him credit for.
point taken but I can’t says that either them are playing above average..
Mr V
Panarin
Copp
Laffy
Reeves
Are the only forwards that Are playing better than expected..or average

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
point taken but I can’t says that either them are playing above average..
Mr V
Panarin
Copp
Laffy
Reeves
Are the only forwards that Are playing better than expected..or average
I'm just concerned about Chytil long term. He has the size and speed but it is time for him to show more if he is to be a long term answer. He is being passive at times and letting go of the puck too easily. Strome has been more involved in my opinion. I do agree with your list. I see Zibs giving the effort. I would like to see CK more involved physically. As much as I dislike Crosby he has my respect. Not only is he still a major factor in games but he actually looks like he has improved his skating. He looks faster and smoother now at 34 than he looked 5 years ago.

Reactions: egelband

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
I'm just concerned about Chytil long term. He has the size and speed but it is time for him to show more if he is to be a long term answer. He is being passive at times and letting go of the puck too easily. Strome has been more involved in my opinion. I do agree with your list. I see Zibs giving the effort. I would like to see CK more involved physically. As much as I dislike Crosby he has my respect. Not only is he still a major factor in games but he actually looks like he has improved his skating. He looks faster and smoother now at 34 than he looked 5 years ago.
Crosby is a more skilled version of messier.. chytil need a vet in his ear like CK did for Buch..

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think he’s been good, even a bit defensively. he’s making harder plays for sure.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Imagine pairing you're LW making McDavid money with a guy who religiously misses empty nets.

Don't even give him a low ball offer. He's a habitual choke artists.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Imagine pairing you're LW making McDavid money with a guy who religiously misses empty nets.

Don't even give him a low ball offer. He's a habitual choke artists.
Copp will take his spot. Strome was gone before this season started basically, this certainly didn't help.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The guy will get a lot of shit for last night's miss, unfortunately. I'm sure he's beating himself up over it. But the fact that he toughed it out was impressive. He clearly has a pretty serious injury that leaves him in constant pain, but the team was significantly better with him, even at half speed, than without him.

He's a key cog that is extremely underappreciated and I think we'll miss him when he's gone.

Reactions: Atax, CLW and bbny

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I like Strome as a human being. Seems like a real good guy.

But, man, he's infuriating as a player. And it's not his fault. He was put in the spot he's in. He's not what we need paired with Panarin. It can be a kid in that spot, as long as the talent is there to finish plays Panarin sets up. The other winger needs to be someone who can hound the puck and create space for Panarin.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The guy will get a lot of shit for last night's miss, unfortunately. I'm sure he's beating himself up over it. But the fact that he toughed it out was impressive. He clearly has a pretty serious injury that leaves him in constant pain, but the team was significantly better with him, even at half speed, than without him.

He's a key cog that is extremely underappreciated and I think we'll miss him when he's gone.
He's an alright player but he's not what this team needs at all.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

He's not a bad player and I am one of the few who doesn't bitch about him on a nightly basis, but if this team wants to win it all he cannot be signed to a long term expensive deal that he is seeking. We need a better solution long term solution at 2c. What that is and how Drury handles that is anybody's guess but this is the most pressing need on this team.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
He can’t be resigned anyway. He sucks.
I agree, but was saying specifically due to his unwillingness to stop in the blue paint and take a knock in order to make the play at 5:08 to score the potential game winning goal in a crucial game 5 of the ECF. I don't want to see that guy anywhere near our roster if they lose this series. Fly by's ain't cutting it at that point, there are better, cheaper options like his linemate Andrew Copp.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
That "miss" looked in the replay like the puck just jumped over his stick. Bad puck luck.

The pass was behind him. The pass either needed to be a couple of inches further forward or he could have simply stopped and he would have been in perfect position. He slightly overstated it which made it tough for him to reach. I don't really blame him for missing the shot as it was but he needs to have better awareness to recognize he should be stopping there instead of continuing to go forwards and taking himself out of the play.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The pass was behind him. The pass either needed to be a couple of inches further forward or he could have simply stopped and he would have been in perfect position. He slightly overstated it which made it tough for him to reach. I don't really blame him for missing the shot as it was but he needs to have better awareness to recognize he should be stopping there instead of continuing to go forwards and taking himself out of the play.
The pass was a little behind him but he’s an NHL player. That puck is in the net 99/100 times.

I can’t wait until we don’t have to discuss this player anymore. He’s the epitome of the class of player that compiles points playing top 6 minutes for bad teams. He does not have what it takes to play a significant role on a Cup winner.

We knew this going into the playoffs. It is what it is.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Hank broke it down well on the postgame show, clip should be on YouTube, it’s the first ten minutes of the postgame show.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Yeah but tbf he's injury to the right leg didn't help him here. Hank was talking about the importance of aligning your feet in situations like this, being one legged doesn't help. The miss looks horrendous, but at the end of the day it's one play of many. I'm chucking this one in the *shit happens* bin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad