Speculation: Ryan says signing with Flyers as free agent is 'very high on my list'

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Flyers have depth and AV’s scheme doesn’t seem like it’s a great fit due to Ryan’s lack of speed but Phillys interested then have at it.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Say being home, having dad around, willing to have one good year at the time at 1 mil? Why not? May be the guy that saves the season when a top 6 gets ir for 6 weeks in a short condensed season... if it does'nt work just burry it in the AHL. If it works and you dont need it before trade deadline, kovalchuk it for a 3d or 2nd...

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Where would he play? Giroux, Konecny, Voracek, JVR, Lindblom, Farabee NAK, Raffle. I heard Flyers might be interested in names like Gaudreau or maybe even Laine. Everyone love good come back story.

Last edited:

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
After what he did, why would he be a bad influence for the young players?

I think he's referring to his questionable work ethic rather than his drinking problem. The reality is he isn't a hard working player, he hasn't been in tip top shape really at any point during his time in Ottawa. I wouldn't want Ottawa's up and coming players thinking playing at Bobby's pace is acceptable. I think that's solely the reason why he's out of Ottawa, they want to push the pace, and that is not Ryan's game.

Reactions: viper0220

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Yes I have.

I have also seen this guy:

GettyImages-902370436-1-1068x625.jpg

It’s good to know what you’re up against.

Reactions: viper0220

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Bobby Ryan’s possession number don’t look all that bad and he would seem more of a depth option during the regular season but could be a good veteran option in the playoffs.

If Ryan could play a full season he would probably be good for 30-35 points, but he’s had issues with injured hands playing in Ottawa so who knows if his hands are still there.

It would be a difficult decision as a GM but I’d pass on Bobby Ryan knowing the Flyers already have plenty of capable scorers in their lineup.

What the Flyers are more in need of are 4th line grinder type of players and a 3rd line center that can play weather it be Nolan Patrick or Morgan Frost.

Reactions: Flukeshot

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I think he's referring to his questionable work ethic rather than his drinking problem. The reality is he isn't a hard working player, he hasn't been in tip top shape really at any point during his time in Ottawa. I wouldn't want Ottawa's up and coming players thinking playing at Bobby's pace is acceptable. I think that's solely the reason why he's out of Ottawa, they want to push the pace, and that is not Ryan's game.
“Not in tip top shape”

Substance abuse can do that to you.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Terrible in Buffalo, great in Vegas. I think he will get paid but not near the price most people are expecting.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just no room at the Inn

Giroux Couts Voracek
Lindblom Hayes Konecny
JVR Frost Farabee
Raffl Laughton NAK

Plus Patrick as the wild card.

For Ryan to be an option a trade would have to happen first. And maybe that will happen. We will see. But the Flyers don't need anymore wingers right now especially when they also have:

Sandin
Laczynski
Alllison
etc... waiting on deck.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Is this really speculation? I mean, Ryan wants to sign there, but that doesn’t mean the feeling is mutual. I want to date Margot Robbie, but that doesn’t mean she’ll leave her husband for me.
But it means... that there's a chance? (For both of those situations :sarcasm:)

iu

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Signing Bobby Ryan, however, is very low on the Flyers list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad