Value of: Ryan O'Rourke

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Good amount of fans have bought in on ROR hype train. We likely want to see what we have with him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It would take a mid 1st to get me to consider moving him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would take a prospect who has a vg chance of becoming a top 6C, but even then i think that MN would hesitate. I think RoR will be a top 4 guy in the NHL for a long time. There is almost nothing about him that I don't like, especially once I found out that he was near 6'2", not the 5'11" I saw on some sites. Once he fills out and becomes stronger, he will be a nice compliment to the smaller, skilled, RHD prospects that MN has in the pipeline.

Floor of a Hamonic, ceiling of a Lindholm, IMO, but I have been known to get a bit starry eyed about two way LHD.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Minnesota isn't trading a player they just drafted much less to a division rival. They traded Luke kunin to select Marat & Ryan O'Rourke for a reason in the 2nd round.

Yes, I know they traded Luke for a 2nd & 3rd round pick

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just doing a little basic math here.

ROR was drafted #39 this year. All teams go in to the draft with a list and I can assure you that he was not the #39 player on their list. Let’s assume that he was somewhere in the #20-30 range on their list. For them to trade away a player who they rank that higher they would need to get a better pick in return than what they value him at and then some for moving back a year. So we are talking about a mid round first rounder.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Would Dunn for ror and a 2nd work

Huh? Minnesota doesn't need d this year . So no. It is just not going to happen. Highly doubt a team is going to trade a player they just drafted in which they traded a young improving player in Luke kunin unless it's an example like Marco Rossi and more for Alexander Barkov

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Would take a prospect who has a vg chance of becoming a top 6C, but even then i think that MN would hesitate. I think RoR will be a top 4 guy in the NHL for a long time. There is almost nothing about him that I don't like, especially once I found out that he was near 6'2", not the 5'11" I saw on some sites. Once he fills out and becomes stronger, he will be a nice compliment to the smaller, skilled, RHD prospects that MN has in the pipeline.

Floor of a Hamonic, ceiling of a Lindholm, IMO, but I have been known to get a bit starry eyed about two way LHD.
Of course his FLOOR is Hamonic.
Smh.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I said that the Wild are looking for top 6 C prospects, and Dunn is offered? MN has Suter, Brodin, and Soucy all signed long term on the left side, with ROR coming along in a couple of years. They have Spurgeon, Dumba on the right, with Addison and Menell coming as soon as this year, among others.

Why would Dunn be at all valuable to them, especially with the Seattle ED coming?

The Wild are one of the last teams that would be interested in Dunn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad