Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '16-17 and Beyond

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I disagree that they were forgettable because I remember a player playing with some swag and determination. That goal he scored in Philly is a good example; he just showed a different gear and physical strength we hadn't seen previously.

But then last season he shied away from things like that and just seemed stuck in traffic all the time. Clueless with the puck and off the pace. Weird.

Oh man 0:07 in gave me chills. So glad I will only have to hear that 2x a year now. I used to think Nuge had the most potential of the #1 OA's we had before Mcdavid. I still see him as being a #1C with an all around game but man would I like to see that offensive flair come back. Maybe with a reliable defense and goalie he might be more willing to take chances. Having Lucic or Maroon on his line probably wouldn't hurt his confidence either.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
30% is wishful thinking for any team.

Yep

The Oilers were running around that pace on the powerplay over the final month under Nelson.

I guess you forgot the road trip after Hall got hurt and RNH was clearly our best player for 7-8 games. Start to finish he was our most consistent and best player that season. That was the best version of RNH that we've seen since his rookie season ('14-15).

I do remember that road trip, he played well in maybe 3 of those 6 games before Hall returned from his knee injury. He also went right back into the tank when Hall got back, and stayed there regardless of whether Hall was in the lineup or not until Nelson let the team play offensive hockey with no regard for defensive structure after the all star break.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yep

The Oilers were running around that pace on the powerplay over the final month under Nelson.

I do remember that road trip, he played well in maybe 3 of those 6 games before Hall returned from his knee injury. He also went right back into the tank when Hall got back, and stayed there regardless of whether Hall was in the lineup or not until Nelson let the team play offensive hockey with no regard for defensive structure after the all star break.

So you clearly dont remember it then :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad