Olympics: Ryan Miller's Olympic Mask

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
The other side is an eagle and the slogan "Don't tread on me". Also has 1776 references. The back has a tribute to his cousin Matt with a sabre through it.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
The other side is an eagle and the slogan "Don't tread on me". Also has 1776 references. The back has a tribute to his cousin Matt with a sabre through it.

Thanks. Too bad no one can find a good pic of it. Wonder why he didn't go with the traditional Don't Tread on Me snake. The eagle is over done. Just checked out another story on it, and the the same guy is doing Tomas Vokoun's Czech mask, as well as a custom guitar for Nickelback, who are part of the closing ceremonies.

Last edited:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
it is possibly the worst i have ever seen.

certainly one of the worst

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
can anyone find Rick Dipietro's mask online and put a pic of it on here?

my pc sucks and I am very limited in what I can do..

I really like Dipietro's mask, last I saw...he had the POW flag on it. it was very patriotic and classy all at the same time.

As for Miller's mask....

Simply awesome.

I can hear the song from the Team America movie when I look at it

"America **** yeah, here to save the mother ******* dayyyyyeah"!!!!!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
can anyone find Rick Dipietro's mask online and put a pic of it on here?

my pc sucks and I am very limited in what I can do..

I really like Dipietro's mask, last I saw...he had the POW flag on it. it was very patriotic and classy all at the same time.

Here's the first version:

3891835221_c7a8c3a020.jpg

You can see more pictures here: http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/set/72157622141189685/default.aspx

Here's the second version:

4231123440_54ef68b5e8.jpg

You can see more pictures here: http://www.daveart.com/mask-gallery/set/72157623106959838/default.aspx

mexicohockey

Sep 18, 2007
DF
Don't like cartoonish masks and this one is a a pretty boring example within the category. Miller's regular one is waaaay better

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It really does look a bit too busy and the colors look a bit washed out... maybe that's the way it is supposed to look? I kind of like Nabokov's better.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I think everything but the uncle sam looks solid. I just find the way they drew out the uncle sam to be kinda cheesy. Just my opinion though.
It's from an old painting; sans George Bush's face, of course :) I couldn't find the original.

bush_uncle_sam.jpg

Miller said he was involved in every stage of the design. The mask has a picture of Uncle Sam on one side and a bald eagle on the other.

Miller talked about the details of the design, "You know just little things that are very patriotic that you don't see often, just wanted to be a little different. There is a old painting of Uncle Sam shows him getting ready for a fight so we took that. The artist thought a bald eagle on the side would be cool. The little clovers on the sides, Jim Craig in 1980, the only thing he had on his mask under his eyes were two clovers, so just a little throw back.''

You can find the rest of the article here: http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74074

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
As others have said, it's pretty busy, though well made.

I don't think anything will ever top Mike Richter's mask though. It perfectly suited both the Rangers and the USA.

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
Hahaha every poster not from the US hates it. Go figure.

All of the world's problems are the fault of the United States. This mask is no different. :sarcasm: :shakehead

Pretty sick mask though. I wasn't expecting much from any Olympic goalie mask.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Hahaha every poster not from the US hates it. Go figure.

All of the world's problems are the fault of the United States. This mask is no different. :sarcasm: :shakehead

Pretty sick mask though. I wasn't expecting much from any Olympic goalie mask.

I wasnt expecting much from any olympic mask either.. and this one shows why. It's ugly.

BlackAces*

As others have said, it's pretty busy, though well made.

I don't think anything will ever top Mike Richter's mask though. It perfectly suited both the Rangers and the USA.

Agreed...that mask still haunts my nightmares from 1996.

ArchSloth

Oct 21, 2009
Calgary
Why is Uncle Sam holding a giant spliff? is it because he is going to give the beatdown as part of his 'War on Drugs' :sarcasm:

.... oh, wait ... that's the torch from the relay.

nevermind.

pretty cool concept. I like it. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad