Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Malone and Conor Allen re-assigned to Hartford/Fast Recalled

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
AV is in love with fast lol why i have no idea
he has proven nothing in the nhl so far he is small non physical doesn't finish checks and hasn't scored.. oh yea thats why AV loves him.

Tanner Glass is a physical forward who hasn't scored, same with Malone... at least last season in the A Fast was scoring at a .7 PPG pace. Physicality is important but so is being able to keep up with the pace of the game which Malone seems to struggle a bit with

AHB*

AV is in love with fast lol why i have no idea
he has proven nothing in the nhl so far he is small non physical doesn't finish checks and hasn't scored.. oh yea thats why AV loves him.

He is far better at winning boards battles than Glass (who is disgustingly bad) and often finishes his checks, they're just not bone crunching like you would prefer, even if it comes at the expense of you know, playing hockey.

scottrodo

Mar 8, 2009
Wheeling, WV
Pens fan. I feel really bad that you guys now have to talk about Glass and I feel great at not complaining after every game in which he sees more than 45 seconds total on the ice. The guy is a pylon. Just pray to whatever gods you find holy that the Rangers don't acquire Craig Adams (as much as I would like to see him go somewhere that he could do the most damage to a rival by being on their roster) because you would then have the return of the fourth line creature that we called Gladams.

AHB*

Pens fan. I feel really bad that you guys now have to talk about Glass and I feel great at not complaining after every game in which he sees more than 45 seconds total on the ice. The guy is a pylon. Just pray to whatever gods you find holy that the Rangers don't acquire Craig Adams (as much as I would like to see him go somewhere that he could do the most damage to a rival by being on their roster) because you would then have the return of the fourth line creature that we called Gladams.

You'll find he has quite a few supporters here, so watch what you say.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I'm literally dumbfounded by what coaches see in him.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Who would you prefer? Adams or Glass?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Not much fighting happening anymore...

Kostka is an absolute nightmare on the blue line, I'd rather have Allen in a heartbeat.

McIlrath might not ever be ready - I can't believe how he really hasn't excelled or broken through yet. His skating has got better, but not good enough where he gets regular burn in the NHL. I still keep thinking about Tarasenko
blowing right through him like a bull with a red cape.

Glass remains in the line up as a physical presence, but he doesn't do anything else for us.

Fast is a MUCH better skater than Glass.

Fast's possession numbers blow Glass out of the water, which Glass had one of the worst in the league last year. AV said that he's always admired the Detroit Red Wings because they're always hungry to have the puck, they're possession numbers have always been consistently great, top 5 in the league.

Malone can't keep up and I hope we never see him again.

Fast is also VERY responsible on the defensive side. I'll take a forward who hustles his ass back and has defensive responsibilities as opposed to a player who doesn't come back and help protect the house.

We wanna roll 4 lines consistently? All 4 lines need to skate, every, last, player, NEEDS to be a great skater, transitionally or not.

Dorsett at least hustled and skated his tail off, even though he was one of the weaker skaters on the team last year.

Just think of our situation last year with Taylor Pyatt, Ranger fans were calling for his head all throughout last year, and finally the good deed was done and he was released. I believe it was somewhere around ~25 games in, and we're not even 20 games in yet.

It's not going to take too much time for AV to finally see that Glass in Vancouver was probably better than Glass in NY, which isn't saying a lot either, but man he really sucks...

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't get why people get on fast. He's a fine fourth line forward already at his age - light years ahead of glass in every single way except fighting which is half dead like it or not. He actually holds the puck and tries to do something right with it rather than giving it up immediately like glass. I don't see how anyone could possibly argue for glass over him.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Well, if Fast replaces Glass, fully a quarter of our forwards will be rookies. Strange.

Anyway, it'll be interesting. Malone down and Glass out means that AV has decided that their particular role isn't worth it.

As for the absurd argument going on right now, I don't think you can draw that many conclusions on a rookie's defensive ability from such a limited sample. He needs experience at the NHL level. Now that Moore is back on the 4th line, it makes sense to put him there.

It's either that or they're simply not good enough to play that role. I think it's more likely the latter. AV doesn't have anything against physical guys, but he seems to have an aversion to ones who contribute little other than that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's either that or they're simply not good enough to play that role. I think it's more likely the latter. AV doesn't have anything against physical guys, but he seems to have an aversion to ones who contribute little other than that.
Yep. Getting hammered in your own zone isn't a role.

AHB*

Was just about to post the same thing. He's stuck down the depth chart and has a viable NHL future. Rangers could move him for a defender or possibly for an upgrade at 3C.

Read it wrong, thought Glass, not Fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
that's like getting socks for Christmas for the fans of the team he gets dealt to

Av brought your buddy out for him so he sucks now? You're clamoring for kids to get minutes in every other case. Fast is a fine fourth line forward, better than glass in every way. He shouldn't be in for duke, but av's bad choice doesn't reflect on fast as a player.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
fast isn't a very good nhl fourth line player either

he's not fast he's not very strong on the forecheck. he isn't scaring anyone. hasn't chipped in ANYTHING offensively not even a secondary assist and quite frankly his reputation for being great defensively is nothing more than reputation because I haven't seen any great NHL play from him defensively last year or this year.

i don't want duclair on the fourth line but stempniak with glass and moore would be a very solid fourth line.

and ps he stinks regardless of who he's coming in for I've said that since the beginning doesn't matter who he's going in for it would be a lousy choice and that includes glass as far as im concerned

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

he's not fast he's not very strong on the forecheck. he isn't scaring anyone. hasn't chipped in ANYTHING offensively not even a secondary assist and quite frankly his reputation for being great defensively is nothing more than reputation because I haven't seen any great NHL play from him defensively last year or this year.

i don't want duclair on the fourth line but stempniak with glass and moore would be a very solid fourth line.

and ps he stinks regardless of who he's coming in for I've said that since the beginning doesn't matter who he's going in for it would be a lousy choice and that includes glass as far as im concerned

Look at this zone starts and the difficulty of the minutes he played earlier this year. He gives nothing offensively, and isn't good at defense, but played many of the hardest minutes and is just a -1? How does that work?

No fourth line with Glass is a "very solid fourth line" he gives the puck away instantly and unnecessarily in almost every situation. He is a drain on any line. He is in no way superior to Fast, especially for a line that should, at the very least, not hand the puck over to the opposition habitually and without pressure.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Yeah....I'm going to have to disagree with you here pretty vehemently.

Fast looks very good in the AHL. He is 22. He looks like a player on the cusp and considering he is providing consistent offense at the AHL and already did so in the SEL, I believe he has offense in him. He moves the puck well, goes to the net, skates well, very high hockey IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad