RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
No. People expected him to be in 30-40 pts range and didn't expect Traktor to be so bad offensively. And want it or not, but Kravtsov was a big part of Traktor offense. During the midseason SKA was actively pursuing him but had to settle with Kruchinin instead, and it was seen as a great victory for Traktor, that they managed to keep their superstar youngster.
Stop, you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
LOL. Maybe on the NYR forum? Because in Russia many people expected a breakout season from him. Probably next year he should have one.

PS 20 pts in a season is a great result from a TOP 10 late birthday pick in his draft+1 year? Did I miss smth lately?

I mean, it's fine but

So you're saying he had an average season because the expectation was for him to put up points equal to Kuznetsov? My understanding, and I think you alluded to it before, is the team was not good and this possibly hampered his ability to meet the 30-40 point mark like some others. Or do you think the lower than anticipated point totals (for fans of the team/KHL) was due to his play, individually, which left a lot to be desired? (All serious questions BTW as I'm interested in hearing the other side of the coin amidst the praise).

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think you're triggered over an opinion and you came up with a lame explanation.
I’m not triggered and I didn’t give you a lame explanation. All you’ve been saying is that Kravtsov has been disappointing because he couldn’t put up 40 points in his D+1 season. Something that other elite Russians like Kuznetsov and Tarasenko both couldn’t do. I think you didn’t know how to respond anymore so you just resorted to saying I’m “triggered” you made a dumb comment and I responded with a counter

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I’m not arguing that Kravtsov>Kuznetsov, I’m arguing that you have unrealistic expectations. You can put D+1 Kuznetsov on this particular Traktor team and he’s wont be putting up 40 points.
No one, and I mean no one besides you, expected 30-40 for Kravtsov. He has 0 offensive support and is the best chance creator on the team. If he had linemates who could finish, he’d maybe hit that 30 points you’re talking about but that’s unrealistic to expect especially when compared to peers

1.I am not saying you are.
2.Kuznetsov from his D+1 would score more than Kravtsov for sure. As I have said, he was more advanced, Kravtsov is more of a project.
3.Look up Traktor roster from 2010-11 season and find me a single forward of at least Ryan Stoa/Alex Bergstrom/Paul Szcechura level.
4.No one besides me? He is a TOP 10 pick. Who was wanted by SKA and was summoned to Russian NT last season. In Russia expectations were high for sure. He was really hyped.
5.Traktor team is practically the same they had last year. The difference is that they kicked out Videll and lost Kruchinin, thjen Gynge got injured, but got Thomas, Enlund, Stoa and Glinkin instead.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So you're saying he had an average season because the expectation was for him to put up points equal to Kuznetsov? My understanding, and I think you alluded to it before, is the team was not good and this possibly hampered his ability to meet the 30-40 point mark like some others. Or do you think the lower than anticipated point totals (for fans of the team/KHL) was due to his play, individually, which left a lot to be desired? (All serious questions BTW as I'm interested in hearing the other side of the coin amidst the praise).

Well, as I have said, Kravtsov is raw. He is more of a project than Kuznetsov for example. And my main point is that for him to be a sucesful player, better leave him in Russia, at least for one more season.

Traktor was really bad offensively this year. I tend to think that the reason for this was the fact, that their coach left for SKA after last season(which was really good, they kicked my team Salavat from playoffs and made it to semis). And they had some problems with new system early on, and then they got a new coach who played it safe.
Another thing is that Traktor got unlucky with injuries this year. It's true. Two of their top guys got freaky injuries, Gynge was done for the year, he was supposed to be their go-to guy along with Kravtsov.

Kravtsov played worse than people in KHL fan community expected, but I personally didn't think he is s top player for KHL yet. So, overall I would give him 4/5 for the season, and leave him in Russia to continue his development for the next year.

He is still raw, and it would be better for him to come as a regular player without "paying his dues in AHL". This can actually hurt his development.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Lol at whoever thought Kravstov underperformed this season on his shitty team, if anything, he overperformed.

Reactions: Lays

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I’m not triggered and I didn’t give you a lame explanation. All you’ve been saying is that Kravtsov has been disappointing because he couldn’t put up 40 points in his D+1 season. Something that other elite Russians like Kuznetsov and Tarasenko both couldn’t do. I think you didn’t know how to respond anymore so you just resorted to saying I’m “triggered” you made a dumb comment and I responded with a counter

Are you and poster Pavel Buchnevich related? LOL.

To say I am stat watching is a lame explanation. Opposite is true, that's why I rate Tarasenko's D+1 season higher, despite rather shallow stats.

You are wrong on Kuznetsov aswell. 32 in 44 is a 40pts level season based on ppg anyway, and that's as an addition to his actual play whick was definately superior to Kravtsov(who is older than Kuzy in his D+1 year).

I said, expectations in Russia were high, people expected him to carry Traktor, be their best forward. And believe me, best forward on a team usually scores at least 30, but normally close to 40.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
If you watched Traktor play, you'd know how awful they were scoring wise and how many chances Kravstov created were messed up.

I watched them. Main reason why they were not scoring is their system.

Again, it's practically the same team as last year. And they were in semifinals.

And Kravtsov is not such a wonderful playmaker on KHL level yet.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov was actually a bit dissapointing this season. Maybe the reason was that his team after very succesful season last year had a rather up and down season this year, since their coach and a couple of top players moved.

I would let him develop at least one more year in KHL.

Kucherov is a special case, Moscow boy, fluent in english before he moved to NA. Kravtsov is not like this, for him it's important to come and play right away.

Involved in 26% of his team's goals when playing. That's slightly better than Tolvanen and Kuznetsov

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I watched them. Main reason why they were not scoring is their system.

Again, it's practically the same team as last year. And they were in semifinals.

And Kravtsov is not such a wonderful playmaker on KHL level yet.

New goalie. New coach. Half of their top 6 is new. Yeah. Practically the same :laugh:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Involved in 26% of his team's goals when playing. That's slightly better than Tolvanen and Kuznetsov

As you know, stats are a tool but not a truth in itself. Yes, he was ivolved in his team offense. And it was bad partly due to him not having a breakout season.

I mean, nobody is claiming that Ryan Stoa had a great season, and he was ivolved in like 27% of team goals.

Again, I am saying that he was slightly dissapointing this season overall(KHL+WJC), people expected more. Of course, for a 19 y.o. it's a good season. But last year in playoffs he looked so good, people projected him to carry Traktor this season.

Then again, as I have said, Traktor was bad offensively, and had some bad luck with injuries. It's not his fault. But better to leave him in Traktor right now, he needs to be a regular player and not spend much time in AHL.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
New goalie. New coach. Half of their top 6 is new. Yeah. Practically the same :laugh:

Yes, it didn't change that much. Their current goalie is good. Their TOP 6 changed but didn;t lose in quality. They swapped Videll for Stoa by their own free will. So, at least they thought, they are getting a better player. And then, during the season, Bailen stopped counting against the foreign limit, which allowed them to sign Thomas aswell. Stoa+Thomas+Glinkin+Bergstrom definately more than make up for Videll+old and almost useless Yakutsenya.

I mentioned that their coach left, yes it's a biggest loss. Nevertheless, narrative that Traktor had no good forwards and it was basically a Kravtsov does it all by himself, but his bum teammate can't finish is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad