RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Kravtsov was actually a bit dissapointing this season. Maybe the reason was that his team after very succesful season last year had a rather up and down season this year, since their coach and a couple of top players moved.

I would let him develop at least one more year in KHL.

Kucherov is a special case, Moscow boy, fluent in english before he moved to NA. Kravtsov is not like this, for him it's important to come and play right away.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Kravtsov was actually a bit dissapointing this season. Maybe the reason was that his team after very succesful season last year had a rather up and down season this year, since their coach and a couple of top players moved.

I would let him develop at least one more year in KHL.

Kucherov is a special case, Moscow boy, fluent in english before he moved to NA. Kravtsov is not like this, for him it's important to come and play right away.

Why was he disappointing? First time I've heard this opinion. Most are saying he's exceeded expectations, at least from what I've read.

Reactions: Lays

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
He’s completely being rushed. He’s not ready to play in the NHL. Same thing they are doing with Andersson and Hajek. They are trying to sell tickets, so that takes precedent over proper development.
The tickets are already sold. Might help the secondary market, but not much at this point.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why was he disappointing? First time I've heard this opinion. Most are saying he's exceeded expectations, at least from what I've read.
Well, Traktor had such a rough season I think you could say it about every player on that team. I think Kravtsov was pretty good under the circumstances but overall, I don't think either him or the team are very happy with the season.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well, Traktor had such a rough season I think you could say it about every player on that team. I think Kravtsov was pretty good under the circumstances but overall, I don't think either him or the team are very happy with the season.
lol what?

He put up great numbers for what he had to work with as a 19 year old kid in the KHL, playing on a team with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, aside from you, thinks he had a disappointing season.

Reactions: RangerSeth and Lays

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Well, hm. Main reason why he was selected as high as hew was is the fact that he had a great playoff run in KHL. So, people excpected him to
a)Dominate WJC
b)Become a go-to guy for Traktor and score around 40 pts(at least 30) in the regular season.

He was actually not that good at WJC and for the NT in general. And in KHL he was a top forward for Traktor,but this year it didn't mean much. Traktor struggled offensively whole year, and their most effective forward was Christian Thomas, who was kicked out of SHL.

I mean, it would be understandable if he would have been overshadowed by other players on a team like SKA or CSKA or Ak Bars but he was just one of the guys on Traktor, that had practically one decent forward, and he got injurted 11 games into the season.

That doesn't mean he is a bust or is not talented, but Kravtsov was always a bit of a wild card and a project. This is why it's important to develop him properly, he is not Kuznetsov or Tarasenko, who were world-class players at 19-20.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well, hm. Main reason why he was selected as high as hew was is the fact that he had a great playoff run in KHL. So, people excpected him to
a)Dominate WJC
b)Become a go-to guy for Traktor and score around 40 pts(at least 30) in the regular season.

He was actually not that good at WJC and for the NT in general. And in KHL he was a top forward for Traktor,but this year it didn't mean much. Traktor struggled offensively whole year, and their most effective forward was Christian Thomas, who was kicked out of SHL.

I mean, it would be understandable if he would have been overshadowed by other players on a team like SKA or CSKA or Ak Bars but he was just one of the guys on Traktor, that had practically one decent forward, and he got injurted 11 games into the season.

That doesn't mean he is a bust or is not talented, but Kravtsov was always a bit of a wild card and a project. This is why it's important to develop him properly, he is not Kuznetsov or Tarasenko, who were world-class players at 19-20.

Nobody said this. And to think anyone would expect a 19 year old do is laughable.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nobody said this.

Nobody? Where? In Russia, those were the excpectations, after last years playoff run and the whole "Kravtsov to SKA" drama.

Who are you comparing him to anyway? Kuznetsov and Kaprizov had this kind of numbers as 19 y.o. In 20 y.o. seasons both were almost PPG.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
lol what?

He put up great numbers for what he had to work with as a 19 year old kid in the KHL, playing on a team with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, aside from you, thinks he had a disappointing season.
Can you even read? That's what I was talking about, he would have probably preferred his team to not be so starved for offense that 21 points would be considered good. That was the whole point. What are you up in arms about again?

And you post "nobody, absolutely nobody" when all I did was try to explain why Garl - that is, another person - said so. Give your head a shake, seriously.

What's with these spastic Ranger fans in every thread related to their prospect? Bloody hell.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not what I have read elsewhere because he turns 20 this year, but I am not 100% sure.

I'm very sure. You may have read something about his contract slide. He would have had to turn 20 in 2018 to qualify for the expansion draft in 2021. Liljegren is several months older than Kravtsov, has played his entire season in the AHL, and is currently exempt.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Can you even read? That's what I was talking about, he would have probably preferred his team to not be so starved for offense that 21 points would be considered good. That was the whole point. What are you up in arms about again?

And you post "nobody, absolutely nobody" when all I did was try to explain why Garl - that is, another person - said so. Give your head a shake, seriously.

What's with these spastic Ranger fans in every thread related to their prospect? Bloody hell.

LOL. Maybe on the NYR forum? Because in Russia many people expected a breakout season from him. Probably next year he should have one.

PS 20 pts in a season is a great result from a TOP 10 late birthday pick in his draft+1 year? Did I miss smth lately?

I mean, it's fine but

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
PS 20 pts in a season is a great result from a TOP 10 late birthday pick in his draft+1 year? Did I miss smth lately?

I mean, it's fine but
When Bergstrom and Szczechura got 15 or so 21 isn't terrible, it's ok under the circumstances. Rangers fans see it as "great", evidently, while the majority in Russia doesn't care for circumstances so see it as bad-ish.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017

Tarasenko had 19 pts in his D+1 season, Kravtsov had 21. If you want to do stat-watching, do it properly please.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
When Bergstrom and Szczechura got 15 or so 21 isn't terrible, it's ok under the circumstances. Rangers fans see it as "great", evidently, while the majority in Russia doesn't care for circumstances so see it as bad-ish.

21 isn't terrible for sure, though Bergstrom and Szczechura both had injuries.
Many thought he will put Kuznetsov-like numbers

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
a)Dominate WJC

He was great at the WJC but 40 points you expected? That’s unheard of for a D+1 year in the KHL especially on a team that scores less than 2 goals per game. Even Kuznetsov and Tarasenko didn’t come close to reaching the expectations you had for Kravtsov

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He was great at the WJC but 40 points you expected? That’s unheard of for a D+1 year in the KHL especially on a team that scores less than 2 goals per game
40 points is completely ridiculous. Kuznetsov had 34 points and his team was much higher scoring than Kravstov’s. Kuzy’s team scored 40 more goals than Kravstov’s. That’s insane.

You expect a 19 year old to score 40 points on a team that’s averaging like 1.7 goals per game?? That just sounds like someone placing unrealistic expectations on a player, not that player being “disappointing”.

Reactions: Lays

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Tarasenko had 19 pts in his D+1 season, Kravtsov had 21. If you want to do stat-watching, do it properly please.

Stat-watching? late 00's and early 10's I watched probably more hockey than ever, and KHL is the league I watch the most. Tarasenko was a world-class player at 19-20. He struggled a bit that season, but it was obvious he is close to breakout season, and he looked great at WJC.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he played at about the level that should've been expected, but that doesn't mean he's NHL ready, like some are trying to push him to be. There are usually only a few players in any given draft that are good enough to play regularly in the NHL in their first post-draft season. Its less than 10 who are good enough to play in the NHL on a full season basis in their second post-draft season. What is the rush? Kravtsov didn't have a dominant season. He didn't even have a very good season. He had an average season or maybe slightly above-average season, for what should've been expected. He's not NHL ready. Send him back to Traktor for another season. Signing him, having him prove in the NHL that he's not ready, and then sending him to Hartford eventually is a good way to ruin your best skating prospect.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He was great at the WJC but 40 points you expected? That’s unheard of for a D+1 year in the KHL especially on a team that scores less than 2 goals per game. Even Kuznetsov and Tarasenko didn’t come close to reaching the expectations you had for Kravtsov

Kuznetsov put up 32 in 44 as a 19 y.o That would definately translate to 40 pts in a 60 game season. Besides, Kuznetsov is 92 and in his 2012 season he was almost PPG. Kravtsov is 99 and this was 2019 season.

Again, doesn't mean Kravtsov is a bust or smth. But he is not as developed as Kuznetsov.

His team wasn't scoring? For sure, I mentioned problems of Traktor. Still, Kuznetsov was the biggest reason for Traktor scoring a lot in 2011 and 2012. If you look at their 2011 roster it wqas actually worse than this year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Stat-watching? late 00's and early 10's I watched probably more hockey than ever, and KHL is the league I watch the most. Tarasenko was a world-class player at 19-20. He struggled a bit that season, but it was obvious he is close to breakout season, and he looked great at WJC.
You’re describing Kravtsov but you don’t know it. I think you’re stat watching

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
40 points is completely ridiculous. Kuznetsov had 34 points and his team was much higher scoring than Kravstov’s. Kuzy’s team scored 40 more goals than Kravstov’s. That’s insane.

You expect a 19 year old to score 40 points on a team that’s averaging like 1.7 goals per game?? That just sounds like someone placing unrealistic expectations on a player, not that player being “disappointing”.

No. People expected him to be in 30-40 pts range and didn't expect Traktor to be so bad offensively. And want it or not, but Kravtsov was a big part of Traktor offense. During the midseason SKA was actively pursuing him but had to settle with Kruchinin instead, and it was seen as a great victory for Traktor, that they managed to keep their superstar youngster.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kuznetsov put up 32 in 44 as a 19 y.o That would definately translate to 40 pts in a 60 game season. Besides, Kuznetsov is 92 and in his 2012 season he was almost PPG. Kravtsov is 99 and this was 2019 season.

Again, doesn't mean Kravtsov is a bust or smth. But he is not as developed as Kuznetsov.

His team wasn't scoring? For sure, I mentioned problems of Traktor. Still, Kuznetsov was the biggest reason for Traktor scoring a lot in 2011 and 2012. If you look at their 2011 roster it wqas actually worse than this year.
I’m not arguing that Kravtsov>Kuznetsov, I’m arguing that you have unrealistic expectations. You can put D+1 Kuznetsov on this particular Traktor team and he’s wont be putting up 40 points.
No one, and I mean no one besides you, expected 30-40 for Kravtsov. He has 0 offensive support and is the best chance creator on the team. If he had linemates who could finish, he’d maybe hit that 30 points you’re talking about but that’s unrealistic to expect especially when compared to peers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad