RW Tyler Boucher - Belleville Senators, AHL (2021, 10th, OTT)

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Just more proof this guy has always made it up. I remember @93LEAFS gave a breakdown years ago about how Toronto/OHL based Wheeler could not figure out the London Knights defensive systems.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
He was asked about Boucher and gave an overall assessment of his game which I thought was pretty spot on.
Wheeler's assessment wasn't based on the game that Boucher didn't even play... it was based on his performances over his last year of development.

Wheeler has already admitted he made a mistake (that he didn't actually see him at the tournament). It's a mistake... his assessment of Boucher is still valid.

Reactions: wetcoast

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He was asked about Boucher and gave an overall assessment of his game which I thought was pretty spot on.
Wheeler's assessment wasn't based on the game that Boucher didn't even play... it was based on his performances over his last year of development.

Wheeler has already admitted he made a mistake (that he didn't actually see him at the tournament). It's a mistake... his assessment of Boucher is still valid.

You tried this in the Ottawa board thread, too, and were quickly corrected. You need to listen again.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
OMG he never said he keyed in on Boucher. This is nothing but mob mentality cancel culture. He made one mistake and you guys act like he said some vile offensive thing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
OMG he never said he keyed in on Boucher. This is nothing but mob mentality cancel culture. He made one mistake and you guys act like he said some vile offensive thing.
Quite literally, word for word, he said:

"The one thing he needs to work on is his pace and footwork, that’s one thing I keyed in on this week, and it still looks below average, it still looks like it will be a barrier for him"

He himself admitted he made a mistake by commenting on watching Boucher this week

Cancel culture, what the f*** :laugh:

Last edited:

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I don't think this is similar to cancel culture. Wheeler will continue to pump out content of players he may have or may not have seen play.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

"The one thing he needs to work on is his pace and footwork, that’s one thing I keyed in on this week, and it still looks below average, it still looks like it will be a barrier for him"

He himself admitted he made a mistake by commenting on watching Boucher this week

I have a feeling it still won't land.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
People aren't talking about his assessment, they're talking about his claim that he keyed in on Boucher's skating at the prospect tournament in which Boucher didn't play.
Sure but this is 2023 so everyone has to pile on....... maybe it's time to move on and I say this as a guy who likes to argue like a pig likes rolling in shit.

Unfortunately this response is also so 2023 with the cancel culture over reaction.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Back playing, 1 goal in 5 games with Belleville in the A. Wonder if he can progress to the point where he becomes a consistent bottom 6er in the league.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Back playing, 1 goal in 5 games with Belleville in the A. Wonder if he can progress to the point where he becomes a consistent bottom 6er in the league.
He'll get a cup of coffee in March/April

Hope to make the jump permanently in 2025, needs to play games for the next season at minimum in the AHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They should leave him in the AHL. He’s missed so much time with injuries. Rushing him to the NHL for a team going nowhere because he was a high pick would be stupid.

Let him get at least 100 AHL games. Give him all situations. Then see if he’s ready for the NHL. You don’t want to rush him into a 4th line role when if you give him time to develop he could become more than that.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This is a choice which demonstrates that we should not try to be original at the 10th choice of the draft. It is a disaster.

Ottawa's famous reconstruction is a complete failure. 7 years in a row without a playoff, a lousy prospect pool, still no prospect of a No. 1 goalkeeper even though it was already an emergency 3/4 years ago.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
5 points in 21 games in the A
Didn't you make a post about this a month ago? What's the point?

He's a first year AHL player, and pro hockey is an adjustment for someone that was playing junior. He only started his pro hockey career two months ago.

He's missed a ton of time due to injury, and has been moved from league to league with little stability.

Give it some time, and let's see after half a season or a full season. His game will never be about points anyway. If it comes with points, he'll be that much more valuable.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
5 points in 21 games in the A
Yeah he's been super underwhelming, should never have been picked where he was. But that's not his fault, the bottom line is he has hardly played hockey for 3 years. His development is way way way behind. As a sens fan I am not going to he hard on the player, I will just hope for the best. His development curve was always going to be a long one even if he did stay healthy. I hope he contributes at some point but if he doesn't it's not the end of the world. Every teams have hits and misses. Pinto and Grieg are hits Boucher and Rodgers are likely misses. It balances out for the most part. I will say this tho the losers in the sens fanbase that attack Boucher online are sad and pathetic people. I have also been following the sport for long enough to know it's way too early to write off any physical player that has battled injuries. Staying healthy is a necessary skill to develop. Hopefully he gets into a rhythm and has the opportunity to develop. 21 games as a 21 year old in the AHL is certainly too early to completely write someone off though. My expectations are low but it's too early.

Reactions: Chainshot

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
if they’d picked anyone other than Wyatt Johnson it would have barely moved the needle over Boucher.
The guys picked after him have done next to nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It would be nice to have Stankoven leading the AHL in points though.
Hindsight is 20/20 but not really realistic to expect a guy picked a full round after to have been on any kind of radar at 10th overall. 2021 and 2022 scouting and development were such crapshoots due to COVID it's hard to be too hard on teams for misses

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hindsight is 20/20 but not really realistic to expect a guy picked a full round after to have been on any kind of radar at 10th overall. 2021 and 2022 scouting and development were such crapshoots due to COVID it's hard to be too hard on teams for misses
Stankoven was right behind Guenther & Sillinger in terms of u17 production in 2019-20 in the Dub. There were people who had Stankoven as a top 20 or top 25 pick, but size and lack of sample size in his DY due to COVID likely pushed Stankoven down the board. Very few had Boucher ranked ahead of Stankoven

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You know Boucher was ranked often in the 2nd round at the time of the draft 😂

They literally did what youre saying people wouldnt do picking Stankoven so early.

1708182925990.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad