RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
BC has Wahlstrom and McBain split, maybe they should try them together.

The McPhee-Rasanen-Wahlstrom line is not working very well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
BC has Wahlstrom and McBain split, maybe they should try them together.

The McPhee-Rasanen-Wahlstrom line is not working very well.

Maybe they don’t want 2 freshman together? I’d give it a try though. Cotton has been a monster for them.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Isn’t McBain is still coming back from Mono, (surprised so quickly) which depending on the individual could be months till you’re 100%.
Heard he’s back playing, but only 5 on 5 and with some limited minutes to build up strength.
I also heard Wahlstrom getting tons of ice including PP to try to get him going.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
He'd be heading to the Q (Cape Breton) if he did decide to go the CHL route.

Playing with Sokolov/Laferriere, both will also be next next year.

Obviously this is just a pipe dream as a Cape Breton fan but that'd be one deadly line.
I wouldn't call it a pipe dream at all

Just like Bellows I suspect that Wahlstrom will ditch the NCAA, clearly isn't working out

Reactions: Emerz

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He'd be heading to the Q (Cape Breton) if he did decide to go the CHL route.

Playing with Sokolov/Laferriere, both will also be next next year.

Obviously this is just a pipe dream as a Cape Breton fan but that'd be one deadly line.

I’d love that. Whalstrom with Laferrriere would be unreal.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I'm not watching NCAA but going by the numbers it looks like he mostly just has shitty puck luck right now, he's generating shots at a really solid pace (30 SOG in 8 games). I don't think anyone that's seen Wahlström play believe he's a 6.7% shooter in NCAA, i bet he'll regress towards (or over) 15% over the season then add some assists on that and he's fine.

I'm a NYR fan so i'd love for him to bust but i just don't see it happening, he's got a sick shot and the pucks will start going in soon, patience is key.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Thats how the Islanders always draft. Sometimes it works out for them (Barzal), and sometimes it doesn't (Dal Colle, Strome).
I agree that's how must of their picks have been, but last draft was a new GM so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Snow may have just been taking BPA according to Bob every year because Wang didn't give him the budget for a real scouting department.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I agree that's how must of their picks have been, but last draft was a new GM so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

Snow may have just been taking BPA according to Bob every year because Wang didn't give him the budget for a real scouting department.
maybe. It was seeming like HFboards has been the Isles scouting department for a while :laugh:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I was always surprised he picked BC to begin with, maybe BU handed out all their scholarships by the time Wall-E was switching (I am sure they could have worked some ahem...magic there though), but I didn't understand why he wouldn't follow his buddies in Farabee and Wise to BU...he would be doing better there IMO..

Reactions: SI90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad