RW Kole Lind - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017, 33rd, VAN, selected by SEA)

lawrence

May 19, 2012

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Signed elc (entry level contract) with Canucks today starting for next season :yo:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
He's a bust. Terrible on defence and getting played bottom pairing minutes in his d+ 2 year. Sounds like you have no idea what prospect development should look like.

Heiskanen is blowing away Juolevi's season while being drafted 1 year later.

He's on the top pairing again, he's only 19 years old. Sounds like the only clueless person here is you.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
He's on the top pairing again, he's only 19 years old. Sounds like the only clueless person here is you.

He's been on the top pairing for 1 game lol. Again the expectation is he SHOULD be on the top pairing and be a dominant player.

Sounds like you just have no idea how prospect development works.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Lindy boy Linderson (as we call him on the Canucks board) youd have to think would go WAY higher in a redraft. Just such a steal at 33 :yo:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
for those who see him regularly, has there been improvements towards his game and overall development?

I've been following him since he got to Kelowna and I'd probably stand by my original reports on him in this thread from 2015 and pre-draft last year.

His biggest issue is that he is soft defensively and will get roasted at the next level without some refinement. Time and coaching will tell whether he is able to do that. That said:

- He's got one of the best releases in the WHL
- He's clutch and has scored some big GWG's this season, including in OT. Had a hat-trick in the first game he played after getting cut from the WJC team.
- He's very feisty and battles hard, happy to play chippy hockey
- He's an excellent playmaker at this level and has an underrated presence of mind with the puck in the offensive zone

He's trended well since arriving in Kelowna and it'll be interesting to see what he does at the next level

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The second round last year started Timmins-Lind-Hague :eek:

Canucks fans are happy with Lind but man, getting either of those d-men would have been great. We have little in way of impact defensemen in our system.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Canucks fans are happy with Lind but man, getting either of those d-men would have been great. We have little in way of impact defensemen in our system.

this years draft is loaded with good defencemen.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Great pick ! Too early to say if its a steal! But Benning is the man!!
The man of:

-Eriksson contract
-Sutter Contract
-Gagner contract
-Virtanen over Nylander
-Juolevi over Tkachuck/Serg/Keller
-Sutter for Bonion and downgrading picks
-Clendening for Forsling
-2016 TDL no show disaster
-Pedan
-Vey

Yes the man indeed

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
The man of:

-Eriksson contract
-Sutter Contract
-Gagner contract
-Virtanen over Nylander
-Juolevi over Tkachuck/Serg/Keller
-Sutter for Bonion and downgrading picks
-Clendening for Forsling
-2016 TDL no show disaster
-Pedan
-Vey

Yes the man indeed

But isnt your name Gaudette, Boeser. And arent you in the kole lind thread?

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
But isnt your name Gaudette, Boeser. And arent you in the kole lind thread?
Doesnt mean everything Benning has done is poison. But overall you put his positives and negatives together and he is one HELL of a bad GM. Gaudette is awesome same with Boeser. Some other drafts picks too and the odd trade has been decent. But doesnt out weigh the overwelming negative from him so kinda INSANE to say hes the man (as if is a positive thing)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Doesnt mean everything Benning has done is poison. But overall you put his positives and negatives together and he is one HELL of a bad GM. Gaudette is awesome same with Boeser. Some other drafts picks too and the odd trade has been decent. But doesnt out weigh the overwelming negative from him so kinda INSANE to say hes the man (as if is a positive thing)

Im just saying , if youre so anti Benning you should change your name to Ericksson to Clendenning.

Otherwise youre just a walking positive publicity for Benning.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I've been following him since he got to Kelowna and I'd probably stand by my original reports on him in this thread from 2015 and pre-draft last year.

His biggest issue is that he is soft defensively and will get roasted at the next level without some refinement. Time and coaching will tell whether he is able to do that. That said:

- He's clutch and has scored some big GWG's this season, including in OT. Had a hat-trick in the first game he played after getting cut from the WJC team.
- He's an excellent playmaker at this level and has an underrated presence of mind with the puck in the offensive zone

He's trended well since arriving in Kelowna and it'll be interesting to see what he does at the next level

Nice report, so maybe a year or two in the AHL will do Lind some good to work on his two-way game and get stronger each year to prepare for the NHL.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

wow thanks, great report.

Just out of curiosity, like everyone else, if you had to compare a STYLE to his game.. who would it be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad