RW Kole Lind - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017, 33rd, VAN, selected by SEA)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
A bump.

What ever happened to him?

Sure he is still young, turns 24 next year but..
his career is on stagnant route ATM.

His start to the season in the AHL has not been a great one; 2 goals, 5 assists in 17 games
his -9 is the worst +/- marker of his team
- has played 1 game for the Kraken, no points, 1 x 2 min minor and was -3

lawrence

May 19, 2012
the lack of foot speed and strength, and anyone who didn't use a 1st rounder on him in 2017 knew their stuff. Benning famously said why didn't anyone take Kole Lind and now we know why the frick no one picked Kole Lind.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Another bump.

Maybe i was too harsh on him and too early to label him.

Had a good, strong last season in the AHL
Even better start to this season, at least
what highlights ive seen, addition to his scoring,
he has played well, right?

3 goals (2 gwg)
3 assists
6 points
3.00 ppg
+5

Oh, nowaways is a Seattle Kraken signed player.
- scored 10 points in 26 games last season for Kraken

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Another bump.

Maybe i was too harsh on him and too early to label him.

Had a good, strong last season in the AHL
Even better start to this season, at least
what highlights ive seen, addition to his scoring,
he has played well, right?

3 goals (2 gwg)
3 assists
6 points
3.00 ppg
+5

Oh, nowaways is a Seattle Kraken signed player.
- scored 10 points in 26 games last season for Kraken
I was a little surprised to see him pass through waivers. Seems like he's ready to break in, just a victim of numbers in Seattle. Feel like the Yotes or a similar team would benefit to giving him some time in the big leagues.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I was a little surprised to see him pass through waivers. Seems like he's ready to break in, just a victim of numbers in Seattle. Feel like the Yotes or a similar team would benefit to giving him some time in the big leagues.

At this point he is what he is, a serviceable AHLer but too slow and not strong enough to be an everyday NHL player.

He has played in 30 NHL games and it's extremely likely he never breaks 100 at this point.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
At some point Lind is what he is a decent AHL player even a star but he simply doesn't have the skillset to compete in the NHL full time.
Maybe so but he deserves to atleast get a chance to show what he can or cannot do. With the Kraken depth this season it is unlikely to happen. Starting next season it is likely we get Winterton, Wright and some other prospects in the AHL which would make it worse for him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe so but he deserves to atleast get a chance to show what he can or cannot do. With the Kraken depth this season it is unlikely to happen. Starting next season it is likely we get Winterton, Wright and some other prospects in the AHL which would make it worse for him.
I just don't see any other team having him as a viable option for being a top 6 player except as an extreme stopgap measure.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I just don't see any other team having him as a viable option for being a top 6 player except as an extreme stopgap measure.
Just based on how he played last season in the NHL and this season in the AHL, I think he could be serviceable tweener. The Kraken just have so much depth that it is unlikely it happens here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad