RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
If you're the Canucks what do you do if you get the chance to draft the first overall pick in 2019? (Just hopeful speculation)

Go with Kakko or take Jack Hughes and have the Hughes brothers for the next decade. Tough decision, I really like Kakko.
If that were to happen (very unlikely I know), I'd go with Kakko at this point in time.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
0+1 tonight makes it 9 points in 11 games so far. Probably had his most mediocre game tonight but that was expected against HIFK which is a lot better opponent than the teams he has faced so far. Still didn't look bad or anything, just wasn't as noticeable as we've used to.

Reactions: LAINEC

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
His first secondary point? Wasn't as dominating as usual like stated already but HIFK is heck of a lot tougher bite than most other teams so didn't expect too much either. Funnily though, just as I had said earlier about how deadly Palve - Kakko duo would be, they sealed the score today. TPS should give them a try also as opposed to just playing him with Filppula. Kakko's playmaking talent would be in much better use with grade A finisher (a trait he could improve himself).

On a side note, as I was watching Kakko I regularly kept tap on Lundell. Damn did he look impressive in this game and I wouldn't even argue against if someone stated he was more visible than Kakko himself. Anton will get drafted high, very high (2020). I actually thought he deflected the first goal and the officials gave the credit for Pitkänen, but since the score looks the same I guess I was wrong?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
0+1 tonight makes it 9 points in 11 games so far. Probably had his most mediocre game tonight but that was expected against HIFK which is a lot better opponent than the teams he has faced so far. Still didn't look bad or anything, just wasn't as noticeable as we've used to.
Looked to me like HIFK players had decided to make sure he wont get anything done. Filppula had lot more space this game.

Reactions: Hokinaittii

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I read something like "Kakko doesnt wow you with his physicality" by Pronman but isnt that exactly what Kakko does? Or perhaps you just need to be a Lindros to wow him with physicality. Grown Men have huge issues with containing Kakko.
There’s 0 chance the Canucks go with Kakko over Jack with Quinn in the standing
Doubt they both are available at 5th overall pick.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I read something like "Kakko doesnt wow you with his physicality" by Pronman but isnt that exactly what Kakko does? Or perhaps you just need to be a Lindros to wow him with physicality. Grown Men have huge issues with containing Kakko.
Doubt they both are available at 5th overall pick.

What the f*** you kidding me? I seriously doubt Pronman has ever actually really scouted him this season (or watched a single game). If there's one thing that Kakko "wows" you with, it's that. Kakko isn't perfect either though and like I said earlier, he really needs to work on finishing ability in particular. He should have two more goals at least by now (although considering missed high end scoring chances by line mates that's quite a little in comparison). Sometimes his passes do not connect either, but luckily those are more rare occasions than the opposite.

Reactions: LAINEC and Koijari

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014

What the f*** you kidding me? I seriously doubt Pronman has ever actually really scouted him this season (or watched a single game). If there's one thing that Kakko "wows" you with, it's that. Kakko isn't perfect either though and like I said earlier, he really needs to work on finishing ability in particular. He should have two more goals at least by now (although considering missed high end scoring chances by line mates that's quite a little in comparison). Sometimes his passes do not connect either, but luckily those are more rare occasions than the opposite.

Somebody challenged this exactly in the comment section of the article, and Pronman backed on it.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
This thread reminds me of the Matthews vs Laine "debates" from a few years ago.
Except now we have a real center with small size and a winger/center who has AM34 like playstyle and skill. This is wayyyy closer than the Laine vs Matthews debates. This time I think Kakko seriously has a chance to get picked 1OA

Reactions: Lays and Koijari

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Somebody challenged this exactly in the comment section of the article, and Pronman backed on it.

Amazing. Would you mind providing a link? Most Finns here who actually regularly watch FEL state exactly the opposite and personally I can't remember another 17 year old forward in the recent history coming out of the country who'd have been physically as imposing in a way that he consistently uses his strength to push and deke through the defence (and almost more often than not actually succeeding). A statement like that coming from one of the most well known scouting figures certainly doesn't do him much favour, because the guy is dead wrong here. Perhaps he's too used to of following up on top prospects playing in junior leagues that he doesn't know how hard exactly it is for kids to wrestle against adults.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
This next post will take a slightly different turn.

I discovered something rather disturbing today while searching for the term "Kaapo" on YouTube.

It appears that Kaapo is the Finnish version of Caillou.

This is what I automatically think of when I hear the name "Kaapo". It's one of Finland's best comedy series of this millennium, and they're suggesting that there's something wrong with people who have a name like that:

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Photographs from the current season:

13-3-10409981.jpg

TK4A9919b.jpg

1-03826008-1.jpg

13-3-10409990.jpg

2018_09_08_TPS-Malmo-1.jpg

pic_5_4102583_k3513989_1200.jpg

1-03831649.jpg

2018_09_28_JYP_TPS_14.jpg

181005_TPS-SaiPa_31.jpg

pic_5_4117032_k3553179_1200.jpg

pic_5_4110439_k3535471_1200.jpg

lapimurto-kyparat.jpg

1-03826007.jpg

a2f9710f96dd54b9cf1f0ef47919b751354436f82bce8324a1193bb479c4c975.jpg

219092.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Koijari

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Amazing. Would you mind providing a link? Most Finns here who actually regularly watch FEL state exactly the opposite and personally I can't remember another 17 year old forward in the recent history coming out of the country who'd have been physically as imposing in a way that he consistently uses his strength to push and deke through the defence (and almost more often than not actually succeeding). A statement like that coming from one of the most well known scouting figures certainly doesn't do him much favour, because the guy is dead wrong here. Perhaps he's too used to of following up on top prospects playing in junior leagues that he doesn't know how hard exactly it is for kids to wrestle against adults.

Maybe you missunderstood me. After talking to some scout friends, Pronman changed his mind about Kakko not beeing physical. He said that when he saw him play last season he didn’t play physically. But he’s been hearing how that’s changed this season.

Don’t know how to provide the link, as I am a subscriber and use the app.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This is irrelevant to where he would end up being ranked eventually but I'm confused perusing all the various profiles where his vitals are enumerated. Is he 6'1" or 6'4"? From the pictures above he looks significantly taller than Ilari Filppula and Oula Palve, but perhaps not 4 inches more.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
This is irrelevant to where he would end up being ranked eventually but I'm confused perusing all the various profiles where his vitals are enumerated. Is he 6'1" or 6'4"? From the pictures above he looks significantly taller than Ilari Filppula and Oula Palve, but perhaps not 4 inches more.
He seems to be around 6'1 in most places, and on the Liiga-site he is listed as 187 cm, which is like 6'1.6". Definitely not 6'4".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad