RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Whoever said that Kakko's English is worse than Puljujärvi's deserves to get banned. Instantly.

Waldemarsonson

Oct 20, 2016
The rivalry of the tri-state will envigorate in the coming years finally to a point their fanbase deserves.

The salt alone will feed us "neutrals" on the side as well.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If he gets another empty netter does he enter the Gretzky tier?
He might. He's now above Jaromir Jagr at #2 all-time(since 30s). That's after 2 games. Not bad.

Would be funny to watch all the backtracking if Devils pick Kakko first, though I still hope that doesn't happen.

Goldmember

Feb 3, 2013
Fin
Its all about potential so its hard to say as a who is better because I havent seen many games fron Hughes.
Kakko reminds me a lot of Matthews in a good way.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Slovakia absolutely owned USA and Canada exclusively consists of NHL regulars. It's not like he put up his points against Italy
I didn't say it wasn't impressive. Or that Kakko wouldn't deserve the number two status in the draft which already speaks volumes, that makes him the highest drafted finn ever or at least tied.

I just need the hat trick against Sweden or Russia in the Semifinals or medal rounds to get really excited and hyped, or start the discussion over 1st OA.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Does Kakko's English being bad really matter? Plenty of players have come over and barely spoke any English. Jagr, Malkin were bad for awhile.

Waldemarsonson

Oct 20, 2016
I didn't say it wasn't impressive. Or that Kakko wouldn't deserve the number two status in the draft which already speaks volumes, that makes him the highest drafted finn ever or at least tied.

I just need the hat trick against Sweden or Russia in the Semifinals or medal rounds to get really excited and hyped, or start the discussion over 1st OA.

Compared to the heroics Hughes has done against... twelve year old girls.
Right.
Logics.

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019

All I need to get excited is to see him outperform Hughes, and he has done that by a landslide thus far

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The Rangers are in a pretty good place, I mean they can go up to the podium and take either Hughes or Kakko with no fuss.

It's the devils that have to sweat (slightly at least)

PastaBergyMarchy

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah yeah. Great start by Kakko, but Hughes is still better.

Hughes will be the first pick and he is better than Kakko. Kakko just have had lucky now. Lets go Jack!!

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
The Rangers are in a pretty good place, I mean they can go up to the podium and take either Hughes or Kakko with no fuss.

It's the devils that have to sweat (slightly at least)
I don't see why they would pick the one with question marks. Just pick Kakko and you're golden.
He is NHL ready with an NHL frame and strength. Why the hell would you risk it with an undersized center in a year like this?

Reactions: kthx

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Absolutely amazing games these first two, but lets not say anything about him understanding the questions in the post game interview. He didn't say a word about his confidence even though question was how confident he is right now, but he said generic it's nice to score goals phrase. When he was asked about game vs Hughes on Monday he clearly misunderstood that the question was about draft after hearing his name saying that he needs to focus on what is going on now, even though the USA game is going to be next.

Don't take me wrong, it doesn't make any difference what his English is like when he playes like Jagr or Forsberg and I'm huge fan of his, but lets not say that his English is good when we have 0 indication that it would be the case. He can learn generic phrases and tbh that will be good enough for him in all the interviews he will ever do as a hockey player. I have not seen an interesting interview from a hockey player or any other sportsman aside of Zlatan ever, so I watch good conversations through different channels than sport conversations. Sorry for the bad English btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad