RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lahti is a good team for him. I saw him play for Espoo a few times during my trips to Helsinki these past few months. He's definitely a kid who can rise to the early 2nd round or maybe even the late 1st round, depending on what teams are looking for. Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on.

Reactions: 4th Line Beast

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
It's so weird that he played in the last tournament being underage but didn't make it year later? Being able to play in Mestis should have increased his odds to make the team rather than the opposite. Especially when he already looked good last year. He was eligible after all?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It's so weird that he played in the last tournament being underage but didn't make it year later? Being able to play in Mestis should have increased his odds to make the team rather than the opposite. Especially when he already looked good last year. He was eligible after all?
He was too old for U18's as he is a late '99. Bigger question is why he didn't make the U20 team. Ofc he would have been on the team if he were a '00.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He was too old for U18's as he is a late '99. Bigger question is why he didn't make the U20 team.

Ah ok, makes more sense. Yeah that was weird too, although I admit since I don't really follow Mestis my viewings of him were kind of limited. Still, they made quite a lot of mistakes with the U20 team and this could maybe be added on the top of that pile.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Why people don't talk more about him? He looks very promising. Can't wait to see him in Liiga. He reminds me of William Nylander.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why people don't talk more about him? He looks very promising. Can't wait to see him in Liiga. He reminds me of William Nylander.

Very few people here got to watch him play last season with him being too old for the U18 events due to late birthday, not making the WJC team and playing in Mestis, that barely anyone here watches.

With him moving to Liiga and playing for the U20 NT I think there will be fair amount of hype.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Scored 1 goal and assisted 1 goal vs Kalpa tonight's SM liiga game.
Video of the goal comes later ( when i found it)

i can't realy catch any liiga game, but his productions has been realy Mehhh.

it would be cool if some fins that actually watch the matches can tell us how is his overall game!

Reactions: Acadien86

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
i can't realy catch any liiga game, but his productions has been realy Mehhh.

it would be cool if some fins that actually watch the matches can tell us how is his overall game!
If I remember correctly he's trying to achieve his potential and worry about points later, which is very good for his growth

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If I remember correctly he's trying to achieve his potential and worry about points later, which is very good for his growth

i mean he's an offensive player... if he doesnt at least go 0.50pgg in the liiga in his draft+1 specially as a october, i'd be kind of worrie. it's wierd with how good he was at the rookie camp...

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
i mean he's an offensive player... if he doesnt at least go 0.50pgg in the liiga in his draft+1 specially as a october, i'd be kind of worrie. it's wierd with how good he was at the rookie camp...
He's 19 and I don't think he has much of good team mates surrounding him, he's pretty quick though, saw few times where his zone entry goes through but his team mates fail to help on that line

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He's 19 and I don't think he has much of good team mates surrounding him, he's pretty quick though, saw few times where his zone entry goes through but his team mates fail to help on that line

i just wished he made the NA switch right away in laval, it would of been easier to send kotka back and build chemistry between the 2!

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
i just wished he made the NA switch right away in laval, it would of been easier to send kotka back and build chemistry between the 2!
I think he comes to AHL after Liiga, I don't remember what reason he was sent for, he got skills and his stick handling is elite, he knows his surroundings. I would love him in AHL but his clause could be the reason why he never went; he might of had another reason to stay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad