Prospect Info: RW Eetu Tuulola, 156th overall "Everything is possible, in this life."

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
well i said i'd change my name to a et tu, brute? related pun when the flames drafted him.

taking suggestions

love the pick

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
#19 ranked European by csb, big kid. ISS I think had him rated early third? We are getting guys after their consensus ratings

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Here's that post from the draft pre-thread:

It's not very likely Flames could trade 3rd place and getting Jesse Puljujärvi so how about picking Eetu Tuulola 2-4 round.
Eetu Tuuloa is 6'3 and 227lbs RW prospect and he fits perfectly to your need for right handed shot forward.

Here's Eetu Tuulola's eliteprospect.com profile
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=123542

And here's Eetu Tuulola U18 WJC highlight video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egWI3evAPvk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's weird. He has his left hand at the top of his stick, and his right hand half-way down. That's backwards, isn't it? I've never seen a forward doing that before.

:sarcasm:

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
I remember people here were talking about how we should pick them with the 3rd. I was just looking him up to see if he was picked when we snaged him lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It was funny, because I was wondering where he went, I'm not keeping track of the picks.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For where we got him, that alone makes this a great pick. Love taking guys late that have upside. You can sign FA NCAA plugs all day long. Love our new drafting strategy.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He has one hell of a baby face. Crazy to imagine he's 6'3" and 200+ pounds.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Will be playing most likely in Finland tho. (as it stands right now)

Well, immediately after he was picked, he was asked where he'd be playing next year. He said probably HBK, but if he had a good camp maybe AHL or NHL (lol).

So it sounds like he's open to coming over for the AHL; I wonder if he'd be willing to come over for the OHL now that he's been selected there. :dunno:

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Well, immediately after he was picked, he was asked where he'd be playing next year. He said probably HBK, but if he had a good camp maybe AHL or NHL (lol).

So it sounds like he's open to coming over for the AHL; I wonder if he'd be willing to come over for the OHL now that he's been selected there. :dunno:

That´s what I figured too. My translation from his interview was:
AHL>Liiga>CHL

I´d love to see him there killin´ a few youngsters here and there :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Having him in the AHL would be nice. He's got that major frame and some soft hands, this is the kind of pick in the late rounds where you can find some absolute gems.

There's some good history with some big guys in the later rounds:
Belesky, Clutterbuck, Stalberg, Simmonds (last pick of the 2nd round), Benn, Matt Martin... Like there's some good players that come out of the mid/late draft with similar frames and upside as this kid. Now I'm not saying he's going to be Benn, because he might be the best overall player in the world... but if you got a middle 6 power winger, you're laughing allllll the way to the bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad