RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
He is older every year and playing against kids. No suprise he dominates the league. He should play senior hockey. That is a point why he made a mistake.
yep, and was a total failure at the wjc. he should have stayed put, going overseas was a tragic mistake. he will be a bust.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You understand that works both ways?

Who do you blame when russian prospects bust in russia?
We are talking about Abramov, who had guaranteed roster spot at KHL level by Traktor´s front office. He decided to move to Canadian juniors, were drafted by NHL out of juniors, which means he has to play junior hockey after the draft. That is the biggest mistake he can ever make.

Just compare,

-KHL level at 17-18 yrs or
- junior level at 20 yrs

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sucked at WJC, is 8+10 after 46 games in the AHL... I don't like his chances to become an NHLer. Of course, he's just 20 (21 in 3 months), but he doesn't score a lot on a pro level, and he's useless without scoring.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sucked at WJC, is 8+10 after 46 games in the AHL... I don't like his chances to become an NHLer. Of course, he's just 20 (21 in 3 months), but he doesn't score a lot on a pro level, and he's useless without scoring.
He did not want to earn minutes on Traktor. He chose the usual path of failure instead. What's new?

Reactions: vorky

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Vitaly turning it on of late, struggled early but to be expected playing his first year in the AHL on a team that has a coach who is clueless.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Vitaly turning it on of late, struggled early but to be expected playing his first year in the AHL on a team that has a coach who is clueless.
He isn't 18. He was considered his birth year's top offensive talent once. How many years of minor leagues do we need to admit that he is falling hard?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
For a guy who can only score, he doesn't produce that fine...

his numbers are fine for his age im not sure what people expect from an undersized 20 year old playing against men for the first time

If he was as good as advertised this would not be his first year of pro hockey. Knock it off?

what does that even mean

If he stayed at home, he would play his 3rd KHL season.

but he didnt, so who cares at this point

Reactions: hardkorejackets

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
but he didnt, so who cares at this point
Russian hockey fans care because they have lost another top prospect due to his bad decision. The same bad decision like many other Russians before him had done.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
his numbers are fine for his age im not sure what people expect from an undersized 20 year old playing against men for the first time
I expect Kravtsov(aganist "kids" same team same age 40pts, Abramov had 39. So don't tell me Abramov wasn't as highly touted a prospect as Kravtsov at some point.Now Kravtsov is in his second season against men at 19, I expect Podkolzin who has 12 games against men under his belt at 17, I expect Konovalov who is one of the top goaltenders in the KHL at 20.

Undersized? Meet the 5'7" DeBrincat from Abramov's draft class.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Lol at all the Russian hockey fans with this huge pro KHL agenda. So he's not "playing with men in the KHL for his third season", let me break some news to you, not every player from the KHL is successful. In fact, most of them can never adapt to the small ice and NA style. Your argument holds no weight, stop generalizing to try and prove it correct. It's a case by case basis, not a "he should of just played in the KHL basis". It's beyond ignorant.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I expect Kravtsov(aganist "kids" same team same age 40pts, Abramov had 39. So don't tell me Abramov wasn't as highly touted a prospect as Kravtsov at some point.Now Kravtsov is in his second season against men at 19, I expect Podkolzin who has 12 games against men under his belt at 17, I expect Konovalov who is one of the top goaltenders in the KHL at 20.

Undersized? Meet the 5'7" DeBrincat from Abramov's draft class.
How is this an argument? PERHAPS, if Kravtsov was playing in the NHL and doing well? But he's not, the pro KHL crap is beyond nauseating. Should we all lament about how Kravtsov isnt adapted to the NA game? Sound logic right?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lol at all the Russian hockey fans with this huge pro KHL agenda. So he's not "playing with men in the KHL for his third season", let me break some news to you, not every player from the KHL is successful. In fact, most of them can never adapt to the small ice and NA style. Your argument holds no weight, stop generalizing to try and prove it correct. It's a case by case basis, not a "he should of just played in the KHL basis". It's beyond ignorant.
Look at Russians at NHL rosters today. All superstarts like Panarin, Kuznetov, Bobrovsky etc are product of the KHL system. You can name only a few, if not a couple, who chose the CHL route and are NHL stars today, How many Russians have tried the CHL route for last decade? 100? 200? And how many made it to the NHL? One? Two? Ten?

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Look at Russians at NHL rosters today. All superstarts like Panarin, Kuznetov, Bobrovsky etc are product of the KHL system. You can name only a few, if not a couple, who chose the CHL route and are NHL stars today, How many Russians have tried the CHL route for last decade? 100? 200? And how many made it to the NHL? One? Two? Ten?

Knew this one was coming...
How can anyone make an opinion about the CHL route if there has only been 100 Russians who have tried? That sample size is ridiculously small. What isn't small is the amount of Russians who fail coming to NA. That is very well documented.

As for Panarin, Bob and Kuz, I would bet a large sum of money that they would also be successful if they went the CHL route.

It's not the league, there are successful prospects from both, it's the player and their willingness to adapt.

The way Abramov is starting to adapt to a faster and more physical game, I would say he is starting to figure it out, 2 goals last night.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Knew this one was coming...
How can anyone make an opinion about the CHL route if there has only been 100 Russians who have tried? That sample size is ridiculously small. What isn't small is the amount of Russians who fail coming to NA. That is very well documented.

As for Panarin, Bob and Kuz, I would bet a large sum of money that they would also be successful if they went the CHL route.

It's not the league, there are successful prospects from both, it's the player and their willingness to adapt.

The way Abramov is starting to adapt to a faster and more physical game, I would say he is starting to figure it out, 2 goals last night.
You are kidding me.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You are kidding me.
Name any data analyst who makes blanket true false statements off of 100 data points.

What are you saying is basically anyone who goes the CHL route as a Russian is an automatic bust. That is insane.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Name any data analyst who makes blanket true false statements off of 100 data points.

What are you saying is basically anyone who goes the CHL route as a Russian is an automatic bust. That is insane.
Look at statistics, how many moved to the CHL and how many made it to the NHL as an impact player. Very simple math.

Russian players who crossed the pond at the older age, with multiple KHL seasons under their belt, have been NHL stars or even superstars. That cannot be said about Russians who chose the CHL route. It is not a coincidence. Especially if we know that the most talented prospects of an age group have chosen the CHL route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad