Ruutu vs. Frolov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I love both but I sill say this.

I think Ruutu can win you a championship, but I'm not so sure about Frolov.

LuckyLUC20

Aug 16, 2003
Somewhere in So-Cal
www.facebook.com
Both are a joy to watch and I cannot wait to see them tearing it up in the future... tough choice, but I'll go with Ruutu by a hair.

But, Frolov will be a force as well. I'm fortunate to get to watch this guy play for my favorite team and it has been a delight. He's an incredible player who always looks like he is having fun. Definitely a future Selke-type player..

bland

Jul 1, 2004
To say that Ruutu will be the better overall player is more than a stretch. Frolov is already the best defensive forward on the Kings, is already solid in the corners and along the boards, and should he continue to put on the muscle, he'll be nearly unstoppable from the faceoff circles on in. He does need to use his teammates more, though revoloving line combinations and inexperience may be at the root of that issue. I see him topping out as a 35-goal, 75 point player with absolutely no flaws. He's sort of like crossing Jere Lehtinen with Ulf Dahlen, only with better hands.

Ruutu will definetly be more explosive, and is already more entertaining than Frolov will ever be. Sure he needs work in his own zone, but how many rookies (except of course for Frolov's first year) don't need that training? Ruutu should put up a few more points, but not enough to establish a clear-cut advantage over Frolov's complete game.

As a life-long Kings' fan, I'll admit that Ruutu is one of the very few young players/prospects that I would consider worth moving Frolov in a trade. Right now, I'm happy watching Frolov blossom.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Both very good players and will be big names in the future. I just think that these defensive forwards are easier to come by than the rare talents like Ruutu. I'd pick Ruutu for sure...from what I have seen he beats Frolov in strength, intensity and even in skill. He has that extra gear that only few people have.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Seriously after the World Cup. I think both are awesome players and both dominated. I think they can both dominate a game. I wouldn't place either of them above the other.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
bland said:
He's sort of like crossing Jere Lehtinen with Ulf Dahlen, only with better hands.
His hands are not near as good as Jere's hands... Jere just chooses to concentrate more on D... Check out Jere when he sets up his teammates, check him out when he slaps it, lets a fast wrister off or why not a backhand full of flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad