Ruutu vs. Frolov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Ruutu, he's quicker and owns more potential. Frolov I believe might become the better all around player.

velimiiro

Overall: Ruutu
Goals: Ruutu

I think Frolov is great too though, a very promising young talent, he has loads of skill, just needs to fill out a bit more and get tougher. However i strongly believe Ruutu is better now, and will always better be.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Ya, that's an insanely tough question to answer actually! Both guys, more or less, have proven about the same. IMO if Ruutu is as good defensively as Frolov, he'll be better because of the grit. Tuomo can also play a center or wing - which isn't something that should be under estimated - really helps coaches out.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Ruutu and Frolov are my two favourite prospects, I have to go with the majority and say that Ruutu is going to be the better overall player, but Frolov is going to be the better goal scorer. He scored a ton in his RSL days, and just seems like more of a goalscorer and takes advantage of his chances more often.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Call me crazy or call it Southern California bias, but I think Frolov will be the better goal scorer and all around player. Frolov is the total package with size and sick moves. He can bull through you or stick handle by you.. I realive Ruutu can do the same I just think Frolov can and will do it better.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think Frolov will be good for 20-25 goals per season and be a perennial Selke Finalist, while I think Tuomo will score slightly more goals and be a bit more dominant player.

velimiiro

Vishinator05 said:
Call me crazy or call it Southern California bias, but I think Frolov will be the better goal scorer and all around player. Frolov is the total package with size and sick moves. He can bull through you or stick handle by you.. I realive Ruutu can do the same I just think Frolov can and will do it better.

Frolov could very well score more goals, but i think him being a more complete player overall moreso than Ruutu won't happen.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Ruutu. I've seen a lot of Frolov and he is going to score a lot of goals but Ruutu looks like he will be the better all around dominant type player.

Keyser Soze

Sep 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Thanks for the input so far. Both are available in my upcoming draft and I only get one of the two.
I think both will be close in goals, however, the way Ruutu plays I think will leave him more open for injuries.
In this case would Frolov be the safer bet??

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
Strike Team said:
Thanks for the input so far. Both are available in my upcoming draft and I only get one of the two.
I think both will be close in goals, however, the way Ruutu plays I think will leave him more open for injuries.
In this case would Frolov be the safer bet??

What for a type of league is it?

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
Excuse my rudeness but are you two guys frikin kidding me? Ruutu's main goal is to become a great allaround player, and he allready is. There is nothing Tuomo cant do.....please cease the bull@#!&

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Tuomo#1 said:
Excuse my rudeness but are you two guys frikin kidding me? Ruutu's main goal is to become a great allaround player, and he allready is. There is nothing Tuomo cant do.....please cease the bull@#!&

the head in ass syndrome....always hurts to see a case like this. They may happen all the time, but its never easy to see them.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
If it was me, I would take Frolov. One thing that Ruutu has on Frolov, is his terrific intensity. He is just a wrecking ball out there. But I feel that is also his weakness, as he is much more likely to suffer an injury. Frolov basically achieves the same ends with less flare and bang.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Ah. Two of the next wave of dominant NHL-ers. I take Ruutu on everything. Frolov is going to be a 30 goal man though. Tough choice.

jacketracket*

jtuzzi21 said:
Ah. Two of the next wave of dominant NHL-ers. I take Ruutu on everything. Frolov is going to be a 30 goal man though. Tough choice.
Really is a tough choice.

I got to see both in Columbus, towards the end of the season and within a couple of weeks of each other. Both looked good.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Ruutu if only because he'll sell way more jerseys with that style of his. Fans love a demolition derby.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
shveik said:
If it was me, I would take Frolov. One thing that Ruutu has on Frolov, is his terrific intensity. He is just a wrecking ball out there. But I feel that is also his weakness, as he is much more likely to suffer an injury. Frolov basically achieves the same ends with less flare and bang.

You can put that either way. Sure, the possibility to get hurt may be bigger with Ruutu's gritty style of play. But as of now, he was not injured because of it.
On the other hand Frolov plays for the Kings who had some very very bad luck with injuries in the last years...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Tuomo#1 said:
Tuomo needs much more work in the defensive parts of the game.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Hockey Moose said:
Ruutu has way more speed & is sick with the puck. Frolov will score goals, but will also play the defensive side.

Goals: Ruutu
Overall Player: Frolov
YES !

Frolov has been underhyped while the second Ruutu has had a long trail of hype that he probably won't live up to.

Ruutu is good, but way overrated at the moment. There's no way he'd drop in a fantasy draft to the position I think he's worth. There's too many bandwagon fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->