Prospect Info: Rutger McGroarty, 2022 NHL Draft, #14 Overall

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Does he sign and play a couple of games after his season in college is over?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Does he sign and play a couple of games after his season in college is over?
If he is able to come in and jump Perfetti to play some games when Iafallo/Barron get some rest that will say a lot about how the team sees his future... won't be anything negative if he does not.

Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think he signs, plays a game or two and gets his bonus money and knocks a year off of his ELC (I think?).

Just noticed that it is his birthday, so happy birthday Rutger!
This is probably the best course of action for all involved.

If Lambert was on Michigan right now, he'd have double the points McGroarty has, that said, I love both as prospects.

The rumor of him coming up as a 4th line winger for a playoff run is interesting but I think Barron, Kupari, and even Axl are better suited at the moment.
This based on nothing but pure opinion. The NCAA, is actually ranked surprisingly close to the AHL in league equivalency.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Hutson signed right after final four. How long do these decisions usually take?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hutson signed right after final four. How long do these decisions usually take?
Assuming Rutger wants to turn pro now there a couple things that need to be negotiated. No doubt he gets max ELC contract but his camp is most likely pushing for a performance bonus package closer to a top 10 pick based on his play this season. Also probably some discussions on if he can get an NHL game this season to use up an ELC year.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Assuming Rutger wants to turn pro now there a couple things that need to be negotiated. No doubt he gets max ELC contract but his camp is most likely pushing for a performance bonus package closer to a top 10 pick based on his play this season. Also probably some discussions on if he can get an NHL game this season to use up an ELC year.

I would guess the burning of an ELC year would be the biggest negotiation point. I believe Hutson’s ELC was signed to begin this year. It would make a huge difference for the Jets if he would sign an ATO for the Moose for this year and have his ELC begin next year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would guess the burning of an ELC year would be the biggest negotiation point. I believe Hutson’s ELC was signed to begin this year. It would make a huge difference for the Jets if he would sign an ATO for the Moose for this year and have his ELC begin next year.
Agreed, but Rutger’s camp will likely push hard to burn a ELC year which is far better for us then him returning to college next season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He likely can't get the game as there will only be 2 left and he will need a visa which will likely take a few days.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
does he need to play or just be on the roster? Burning the elc year is fair. We are looking at a developed player who may be on the team next year

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He likely can't get the game as there will only be 2 left and he will need a visa which will likely take a few days.
Yeah I don’t know how long that takes. Ideally we get him signed now and we aren’t forced to burn an ELC year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Better hurry up if he wants a game.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad