Olympics: Russia will send 29 players to Vancouver, final roster announced on Feb. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
Whoever will win, the team will have done so based on their abilities and drive, not the ref's. And not all Russian fans whine about the refereeing, it's just a vocal minority. Most fans (of any country) have enough confidence in their team that they don't see things like ice size or refereeing as legitimate causes for success or failure.

espo*

Did you read a thing i wrote?

How the hell am i supposed to know where to get video archives of past world championship games?

it's the b'" tournament world champs, just where can you find those games? Do you think it's easily available like the World and Canada cups?

If so then send them to me!!

Send me the complete games and i'll find it, don't worry.

maybe they are easy to get in Europe, good, please send them to me and i'll post a litany of examples of the ******** concerning hitting that we've been talking about here.

it will be easy if you get me the games. Go head, give me some games from say, 1994 involving Canada. i'll sit back, watch the incorrect infractions on checking involving Canada and this will be settled.

In other words, without any kinds of excuses - no, you don't have a video proof.

espo*

A voice of reason in the wilderness around here.

What I am about to say is a big compliment from me: You can serve as a great role model for guys like Siberian.

Whoever will win, the team will have done so based on their abilities and drive, not the ref's. And not all Russian fans whine about the refereeing, it's just a vocal minority. Most fans (of any country) have enough confidence in their team that they don't see things like ice size or refereeing as legitimate causes for success or failure.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Did you read a thing i wrote?

How the hell am i supposed to know where to get video archives of past world championship games?

it's the b'" tournament world champs, just where can you find those games? Do you think it's easily available like the World and Canada cups?

If so then send them to me!!

Send me the complete games and i'll find it, don't worry.

maybe they are easy to get in Europe, good, please send them to me and i'll post a litany of examples of the ******** concerning hitting that we've been talking about here.

it will be easy if you get me the games. Go head, give me some games from say, 1994 involving Canada. i'll sit back, watch the incorrect infractions on checking involving Canada and this will be settled.

I usually just skip the poetic lyrics. I am not here to give you any games from 1994. I am stating a fact that in order for Canada to win Canada Cup 87 over a superior Soviet team they needed all help they could get from the NHL referees. Another instance was in 2008 where the first period of Russia-Canada final was officiated absolutely terrible, it needed an involvement of FHR and IIHF officials to fix the ref who was giving the game away to Canadians (even though he was IIHF ref).

So to summarize my thoughts - yes, it is a huge concern that phantom calls can ruin the Olympics for us, specially because our team is as strong as ever. I don't want any NHL official to call Russian game versus US and Canada. I hope if it happens the officiating stays fair, that's all I am asking.

espo*

Oh god.

You know, this tournament is most likely not going to turn out very pretty around thses parts if this post is any indication.

My apologies in advance to good, honourable and honest fans around here.

i know you're here, i've seen you.

I usually just skip the poetic lyrics. I am not here to give you any games from 1994. I am stating a fact that in order for Canada to win Canada Cup 87 over a superior Soviet team they needed all help they could get from the NHL referees. Another instance was in 2008 where the first period of Russia-Canada final was officiated absolutely terrible, it needed an involvement of FHR and IIHF officials to fix the ref who was giving the game away to Canadians (even though he was IIHF ref).

So to summarize my thoughts - yes, it is a huge concern that phantom calls can ruin the Olympics for us, specially because our team is as strong as ever. I don't want any NHL official to call Russian game versus US and Canada. I hope if it happens the officiating stays fair, that's what I am asking.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Oh god.

You know, this tournament is most likely not going to turn out very pretty around thses parts if this post is any indication.

My apologies in advance to good, honourable and honest fans around here.

i know you're here, i've seen you.

Yeah, here is an NHL ref preparing for the Olympics, practicing phantom calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad