Olympics: Russia Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Jim Nill:

DURHQa7VQAAME-4.jpg:large

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Yeah, and no Tryamkin, who's been the best Russian defenseman in the KHL this season. But I don't give a ****. I hope we'll lose and forget about this ****ing Olympics and this ****ing Znaroks.
he's the first on the remplacements list.

Good roster, the video presentation is great too.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Disgraceful roster, Znaroks has been a clown for a long time now. I hope they loose, otherwise they will be stuck with the clown for the next Olympics. So many good young talents left off the list.... But more disgraceful than anything is the exclusion of Andrei Markov, disrespec.

Reactions: Et le But

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Kalinin
Gusev-Shipachev-Kaprizov
Mozyakin-Prokhorkin-Shirokov
Telegin-Andronov-Grigorenko

He really loves those talentless grit guys, half of forward group.
Yeah me too, I love those grit guys such as Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Kaprizov, Gusev, Mozyakin, ... and of course Shipachev.
Do you want Telegin out of this team, after his world cup in 2016?

We can only complain about Tkachev, that's all. BTW he is on the reserve list too like Tryamkin.
So stop complain just because you hate Znarok, and support the team and enjoy

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Sigh, this is so disappointing. No Markov and Tryamkin is an absolute disgrace, Voynov is the only defenseman on the squad that is on the same level.

I don't follow the KHL as much as I would like, but how do you not at least give one of Khokhlachyov, Tkachyov, and Kagarlitsky a look. Instead he take all the players from two teams because he's comfortable with them.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Kalinin
Gusev-Shipachev-Kaprizov
Mozyakin-Prokhorkin-Shirokov
Telegin-Andronov-Grigorenko

Yeah me too, I love those grit guys such as Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Kaprizov, Gusev, Mozyakin, ... and of course Shipachev.
Do you want Telegin out of this team, after his world cup in 2016?

We can only complain about Tkachev, that's all. BTW he is on the reserve list too like Tryamkin.
So stop complain just because you hate Znarok, and support the team and enjoy

I'm usually not the complaining type, but I can't agree with Kablukov inclusion.

And there are other players besides Tkachyov that I would have liked to see.

Have you seen what Golyshev has been doing? He isn't some finesse guy either.

I don't see what Zub brings to the table that Tryamkin doesn't.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
There are far better checkers in the league as compared to Kablukov or Prokhorkin (Glukhov, for example, or Lukoyanov from Ak Bars al0ne). On one hand, I feel sorry for Tkachev for not making the team despite getting dog minutes and dog shifts back at EHT and WC, on the other hand, I'd be personally glad if he did not make it into the roster (if someone gets an injury) and returned home. Less trauma potential, the better for us. Let the "bazovye cluby sbornoi" do the job they were created to do.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Znaroks is in a panic mode. With NHLers nobody would have demanded an obligated victory from him, but now he really is in must win situation. If he doesn't win, he'll not just lose his job, but be cursed forever. So he made a safe choice, thinking chemistry > talent and skill (especially on defense). Yeah, we'll see.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I'm usually not the complaining type, but I can't agree with Kablukov inclusion.

And there are other players besides Tkachyov that I would have liked to see.

Have you seen what Golyshev has been doing? He isn't some finesse guy either.

I don't see what Zub brings to the table that Tryamkin doesn't.

If no injuries, Kablukov will only see the press box of the hockey arena.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Do we know anything on why Markov wasn't even considered? Did he have a falling out with someone? He played for Znarok at the World cup...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So did the IOC ban Nichushkin because of his contract status with Dallas?

Still awaiting word on why he wasn't even eligible for the roster.

Those closer to the KHL can probably speak on whether or not he even deserves to go based on merit, but his exclusion still has me confused.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
So did the IOC ban Nichushkin because of his contract status with Dallas?

Still awaiting word on why he wasn't even eligible for the roster.

Those closer to the KHL can probably speak on whether or not he even deserves to go based on merit, but his exclusion still has me confused.

No. He's just considered a prospect for Dallas at this point. If that were the case Prokhorkin and Kaprizov would have been barred too- and a few others

I would guess it'll be well after the Olympics (if ever) if we're ever given an explanation

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
i was expecting a bit more

is that really the best they could do for defense??

Voynov, Gavrikov, Kiselevich are ok and probably ready to play top4 roles in the NHL. All others... well, they are good as 6 or 7... for a WHC team. But the Olympics will be way weaker, than WHC.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The forwards are good. A few more skill guys would've been nice instead of Znarok's usual pluggers, but there's nothing drastic here.
The defense is another story. The omission of Markov and Tryamkin is unjustifiable. Also Belov is out. That's 3 of our top 6 right there.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The forwards are good. A few more skill guys would've been nice instead of Znarok's usual pluggers, but there's nothing drastic here.
The defense is another story. The omission of Markov and Tryamkin is unjustifiable. Also Belov is out. That's 3 of our top 6 right there.

Belov sucks actually. Injuries have destroyed him.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
25550431_2006537272704870_3589836815871954147_n.jpg

Russian olympic roster. Shame what happened to Plotnikov, other than that it's pretty much the same CSKA/SKA team that we saw in Channel One Cup last month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad