Rundblad

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Keith was terrible tonight. He was very passive, giving the Anaheim rush a LOT of room as they came into our zone.

Rundblad was **** out there, and while he needs to play better, there aren't many guys who could have a layoff for that long and come out playing well. We saw during the regular season that Rundblad is pretty good (as a lower pairing guy), when given a consistent opportunity. He's just not the kind of guy that can be expected to play great in spot duty. There aren't many guys like that on either side of the ice.

It's amazing how Keith goes from playing great, to sucking, when Rundblad is his D partner.

Rundblad sucks. That's why he hasn't played much. He makes Nick Leddy look like Chara in the defensive zone. He is soft as baby **** and completely afraid of taking any kind of contact. He has absolutely no composure back there. He belongs playing in Europe.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's amazing how Keith goes from playing great, to sucking, when Rundblad is his D partner.

Rundblad sucks. That's why he hasn't played much. He makes Nick Leddy look like Chara in the defensive zone. He is soft as baby **** and completely afraid of taking any kind of contact. He has absolutely no composure back there. He belongs playing in Europe.

Keith has had plenty of bad games playing with Rozsival and Seabrook as well. Bad games happen. Just ask Patrick Kane tonight.

It was Rundblad's first playoff game, let alone WCF game, after not playing a game in months. There was obviously going to be an adjustment period.

And for all the *****ing about his play, only the 2nd goal was really his fault.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He screened his own goalie on the first goal. Then he went down from one of the softest pushes I've ever seen a guy give in front of the net... All that after making a really bad play at the blue line which allowed the Ducks to keep the puck in the zone.

It wasn't his fault they lost, but he sucked. What we saw tonight is what most of us have been seeing his entire time in Chicago.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
He screened his own goalie on the first goal. Then he went down from one of the softest pushes I've ever seen a guy give in front of the net... All that after making a really bad play at the blue line which allowed the Ducks to keep the puck in the zone.

It wasn't his fault they lost, but he sucked. What we saw tonight is what most of us have been seeing his entire time in Chicago.

Oh yeah? I want to see you standing up when having a man who weighs 207 lbs crosschecking you to the back:laugh:

The statistics already has proved that you either are blind or dumb, cause Rundblad has been pretty good when got to play regularly. Not saying he has been great but he has held his own.

It's obviously not an easy thing to do, suddenly playing in the conference final against a very good team after not have been playing for months.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
as always, the hate he gets isn't THAT deserved. He made 1 mistake, the other happens. Not to mention that he got better as the game went on and his minutes got less.
He wasn't the reason we lost. Scoring 1 Goal all game Long was. Kane only having 1 shot. He was part of that game and Shares some blame for sure.

That being said, he flat out sucks and Johns should Play from now on. His NHL career is over. Good luck in the KHL.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
as always, the hate he gets isn't THAT deserved. He made 1 mistake, the other happens. Not to mention that he got better as the game went on and his minutes got less.
He wasn't the reason we lost. Scoring 1 Goal all game Long was. Kane only having 1 shot. He was part of that game and Shares some blame for sure.

That being said, he flat out sucks and Johns should Play from now on. His NHL career is over. Good luck in the KHL.

Well Johns left his Rockford game in a cast, so that seems unlikely.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
One goal was his fault and the other was a bounce that went the Ducks way. I am not sure who we should play at this point because I don't think Cuminskey is not better. Johns got hurt last game so is he an option. If Johns is not an option and we have to make a change I would go with Pokka. Overall our team played poorly minus a few people and that is why we lost.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh yeah? I want to see you standing up when having a man who weighs 207 lbs crosschecking you to the back:laugh:

The statistics already has proved that you either are blind or dumb, cause Rundblad has been pretty good when got to play regularly. Not saying he has been great but he has held his own.

It's obviously not an easy thing to do, suddenly playing in the conference final against a very good team after not have been playing for months.

He's soft and weak on his skates. That's why he fell down. That wasn't a crosscheck, that was a push off. Happens 100 times a game and guys don't go sprawling on their face.

What statistics have proved that he has been pretty good? His +-? Playing with a two-time Norris winner, only when he can be put on the ice in the offensive zone? The stats say he has played the most sheltered minutes of any guy on the team. And rightfully so, because he's a DISASTER in the defensive zone.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He's soft and weak on his skates. That's why he fell down. That wasn't a crosscheck, that was a push off. Happens 100 times a game and guys don't go sprawling on their face.

What statistics have proved that he has been pretty good? His +-? Playing with a two-time Norris winner, only when he can be put on the ice in the offensive zone? The stats say he has played the most sheltered minutes of any guy on the team. And rightfully so, because he's a DISASTER in the defensive zone.

It was clearly a cross check. If you are moving backwards and you get crosschecked that is what happens.

Nothingman*

It was clearly a cross check. If you are moving backwards and you get crosschecked that is what happens.

He was stopping and his weight was forward. Made him easy to knock down. If Craw makes the save they probably call that penalty.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

It was a cross check but refs are inconsistent in making that call it in the slot area. They will generally call the flagrant infractions, but Bladder went down far too easily, just like he so easily and regularly gets knocked off the puck. Any way you want to spin it, he's a huge liability.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I argee. There is no need for spin on anything really. The team played like **** including Rundblad and the Ducks capitalized. That is why we lost.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I keep hoping for the best from the guy. However, when you play very little, in sheltered circumstances and yet you still stand out for negative reasons its not real good.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010

Lolol. Well played.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I don't think Runblad is that awful, he is a player who needs confidence to be effective. He has a flare for offence, and likes to make plays, but he needs to figure out his options in his own zone better. Those little chip plays, and clearing the front of the net are more important than anything.

I hope he bounces back.

Nothingman*

Need to consult Stan and tell him that just because the D man is Swedish does not mean he is gong to be Lidstrom.. So quit giving up picks like a 2nd for a reclamation project.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
While I agree, I'd state it as 'He is not an NHL player right now'. I heard a lot of people claim the same thing regarding Hjalmarsson.

How many teams has Rundblad played for at the NHL level?

Ok, now why do you think that is?

Rundblad will never live up to his raw skill because he has zero hockey sense and is soft.

Rundblad has no business playing in the NHL, and certainly not the WCF.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't mind if he never played another game for the Hawks again

He's an RFA after this season. It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do with him. I wouldn't even qualify him. As I've said before, he belongs playing overseas. Maybe Huet needs a guy to screen him over in the Swiss league.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Terrifying reality is that Bowman may qualify him just because he doesn't want to acknowledge how big a mistake he made

Guy didn't deserve a roster spot this year but because Stan gave up a 2nd for him he played and blocked out kids with actual NHL future from making team

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Terrifying reality is that Bowman may qualify him just because he doesn't want to acknowledge how big a mistake he made

Guy didn't deserve a roster spot this year but because Stan gave up a 2nd for him he played and blocked out kids with actual NHL future from making team

Yeah, kids like Clendening and Dahlbeck who got a look and immediate thumbs down from Q. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

By Q's choice, nobody was ahead of Rundblad on the depth chart aside from TVR and maybe, on an outside chance, Johns.

Both got injured repeatedly.

Time will tell if they actually are what he hope they are, rather than injury-prone question marks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad