Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Trade Deadline Aftermathmatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Adding Fayne to our 1st might be a creative way to get out of the last two years of his deal. Could even add another player like Korpi to balance salary.

Fayne, Korpi + 1st (4th-6thOA) for Edler, Hansen, 3rd

No team needs to package up a high value asset like a top 5 pick to get rid of a bad player like Fayne. If Chia wants to get rid of him, there will be a cap floor team and/or rebuilding team that wants mid picks, making that type of cap dump an easy one.

Top 5 pick for a package of Hansen/Edler would be awful asset management as well. Not to mention Benning might be the worst GM in the league, no reason to do him any favors.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Edler is also another LH Dman why waste an asset like a top 5 pick on Edler when there are RHD who fit our needs better. Unless they are a true top pairing and will be for a long time a LHD does not make sense.

Target the Hamonics,Trouba, Vatanen, and Shattenkirk's. Who are RHD and can play with Klef, Nurse, Sekera and not have to play LH guys on their off side as much as possible.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I really want Edler, but biggest concern is injuries and age (will be 30). If you trade that pick its from Hamonic whos 5 years younger, cheaper and better in all facets

You go after Edler with some 2nds and Yak/Reinhart and get him like how Boychuck was traded for

Yeah Edler has had his injury troubles, but he would be a great mentor for fellow Swede Klefbom. It's funny you mention Yak/Reinhart/2nd's because my usual proposal is Yak, Reinhart, Fayne, 2nd for a Edler/Hansen package. I think Vancouver is one of a few teams that would overpay for our 1st though.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I have seen reports that jakob chychrun is both a bad skater and a great skater, terrible and a great shot. Which one is it? I have never been able to watch him play would like to watch a game next week. Might get the 5 game package to the OHL or wtv.

Apparently he is a great skater and I have also seen the comparison to Hanifin with more snarl. Hanifin is a pretty effortless and great skater who was compared to a J-Bouwmeester so if that comparison is true Chychrun would be a very good skater who really doesn't have many holes in his game besides those people are trying to poke from over exposure.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Agreed. Chiarelli has already stated previously that he intends to keep the pick, I don't see why he would change his mind on that.

Chia is thinking in terms of years too, not just next year. That elc will be a great value contract and chia may even bridge giving the possibility of a cost controlled asset for 5 years. No way he trades it imo unless it's the deal breaker for a 1d

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Chia is thinking in terms of years too, not just next year. That elc will be a great value contract and chia may even bridge giving the possibility of a cost controlled asset for 5 years. No way he trades it imo unless it's the deal breaker for a 1d
Depends heavily on where we pick. Top 3? No way he trades it. 4-6 range I think there's a good chance he'd trade it in the right deal.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

This

We are about to encounter a stage where Drai, McD, Nurse, etc are going to need extensions while we are also looking to add D to the mix so cost controlled assets are huge.

We can't be moving a top 5 pick unless the piece we are getting back is young and will be a piece of this team for a long time so not an Edler more like a Hampus Lindholm or similar young guy projecting to be a top D also just further along those are likely not being traded unless extension is coming like Lindholm or Trouba (I don't know enough about how he has been this year to know if he couldn't be had for cheaper).

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chiarelli has been burned by cap in Boston, as well as by trading a young talent away from lesser pieces. I presume both of these things made him much smarter for the future. So I doubt well see him go off deep end with free agent signings and hell go for more cheaper players. And if/when he trades a young talent hell get max value and get the best player he can vs trying to get multiple lesser pieces

He will likely build to team to avoid having to do a mass sell off of assets in 4 years due to cap. I presume hell spend more when we are contenders and actually have a shot, but for now hell be pretty cautious with contracts and cap hits (especially length of deals)

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Chiarelli has been burned by cap in Boston, as well as by trading a young talent away from lesser pieces. I presume both of these things made him much smarter for the future. So I doubt well see him go off deep end with free agent signings and hell go for more cheaper players. And if/when he trades a young talent hell get max value and get the best player he can vs trying to get multiple lesser pieces

He will likely build to team to avoid having to do a mass sell off of assets in 4 years due to cap. I presume hell spend more when we are contenders and actually have a shot, but for now hell be pretty cautious with contracts and cap hits (especially length of deals)

A bit maybe, but he also won a cup in Boston. He knows that you have a certain window to win. He got in cap trouble sure, but every good team will get in cap trouble. You just hope you get in cap trouble with a cup to your name.

Any way, I think Chai will trade the pick in a heart beat if the right player is on the table. I am fairly certain he is not very happy in last and very certain he knows McDavid can't be wasted on a 4 more year rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad