Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I see:

Klef- Hamonic
Sekera-Vatanen
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba

As a very suitable D core would definitely have enough guys who can transition the puck up the ice and hit our forwards with speed which would go a lot of way to looking like a much better team.

I could see it too. Both can probably be acquired for a reasonable price. I also have a feeling well see a suprising D traded noone thought about. Not a top pairing D, but like a Scandella/Methot/Edler/Enstrom etc type D

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I could see it too. Both can probably be acquired for a reasonable price. I also have a feeling well see a suprising D traded noone thought about. Not a top pairing D, but like a Scandella/Methot/Edler/Enstrom etc type D

Ya I don't think Vatanen would be way too expensive if you look into their thread on the ducks board besides the RNH for Vatanen++ proposals people are talking about how since Theodore plays more like Fowler and Lindholm if he takes a step could make them deal Fowler since he could return more.

The deals they were talking about Fowler in were 1st+ good prospect and they value him a decent amount more than Vatanen.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Ya I don't think Vatanen would be way too expensive if you look into their thread on the ducks board besides the RNH for Vatanen++ proposals people are talking about how since Theodore plays more like Fowler and Lindholm if he takes a step could make them deal Fowler since he could return more.

The deals they were talking about Fowler in were 1st+ good prospect and they value him a decent amount more than Vatanen.

And you have to look at other circumstances such as market, situation of team trading him etc. Hasnt broken out (yet) but his cap hit could be a bit higher and maybe too high for a team to giv eup alot and also give a high contract too

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Something like yak and chycrun for Trouba and dubois would be the cats pajamas.

(we trade down)

Is the Winnipeg GM ********? We somehow get a top notch DMan AND a top flight prospect and give up a pick and a major bust? Dude. Yakupov gets a 4th round pick at this point, max.. He will be in the KHL in 2 years or on another team...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Is the Winnipeg GM ********? We somehow get a top notch DMan AND a top flight prospect and give up a pick and a major bust? Dude. Yakupov gets a 4th round pick at this point, max.. He will be in the KHL in 2 years or on another team...

well...I mean technically the pick is also a top flight prospect.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
An interesting team to watch will be the Hawks. Panarins bonus structure could reek havoc for them. Hes hit his Sched A bonuses for 875K and is very, very close to hitting Sched B bonuses for 1.75M. If he hit both the Hawks will be in deep cap trouble. They sold off Sharp and Oduya already and they are down to core members. One guy Im not sure is seen as a core member is Hjmarlsson. Hes very, very good but I dont know if hes seen as core member like Seabrook and Keith are. Maybe you could pry him out of Chicago for a lesser amount if you take him and also Bickell from them

If Ladd really impresses them in offseason they could be motivated to sign him too, which would be very tough to do, trading those two would certainly help

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Nyi- vatanen anh 3 rounder
Anh- eberle
Edm- Hamonic

Stl- 1 st rounder 2017 and 2nd rounder
Edm- shattenkirk (signed)

Sign Lucic 3 x 6.5 million

Hall drai kass
Lucic mcd yak
Pou rnh maroon
Hend letestu korp
Lander pak

Shattenkirk ham
Klef sekera
Davi fayne/gryba

Talbot
Bross

I believe cap around 73

snowrunner*

Sep 15, 2006
In a perfect world I would like to see us win the lottery again. NJ Devils second.

We trade Auston and Fayne for Laine and Adam Larsson.

He would be a perfect second pair d-man with Sekera, and a great contract to boot.

We also acquire Hamonic from NYI for Eberle.

We run with

Klefbom Hamonic
Sekera Larsson
Nurse Davidson

in 2017

Devils would love to have top American high profile centre for the franchise....we need Laine to replace Eberle...

Never heard anyone mention this deal before.. Thoughts??

snowrunner*

Sep 15, 2006
Or we could hope that Arizona wants to flip OEL for Auston.....then we are off to the races...

just think of our power play with OEL as the quarterback.....:handclap:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
In keeping with that idea I had earlier...would you do chychrun for trouba?

Obviously the lottery would have to gift us top 3 and winnipeg would have to be down with Chych.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
In keeping with that idea I had earlier...would you do chychrun for trouba?

Obviously the lottery would have to gift us top 3 and winnipeg would have to be down with Chych.

I was a massive Trouba supporter in the past but hes look like hes hit a rock past 2 seasons. I dont know if his upside is anything more than Bogosian. It would be an interesting trade as hes NHL caliber top 4 D and a RHD

For fun: Would Oiler fans do Trouba and Kyle Connor for #1 or #2 pick?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
How do you pay McDavid and Draisaitl?

Lots of time to figure it out..providing they progress as anticipated.

Leon will get a bridge deal after next year for between 4-5m. Already getting over 3 with bonuses.

Conner has two more years and his 2nd contract will be somewhere around $8m..already getting around $4m with bonuses. If he wants to sign a Sidney deal, it will be 9.7 (cap hit) for 8 years...

I don't see the problem..

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Anh- eberle
Edm- Hamonic

Hall drai kass
Lucic mcd yak
Pou rnh maroon
Hend letestu korp
Lander pak

Shattenkirk ham
Klef sekera
Davi fayne/gryba

Talbot
Bross

I believe cap around 73

Trading Vatanen would be a salary cap move from Anaheim. We'd have no interest in Eberle's $6mm contract.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Lots of time to figure it out..providing they progress as anticipated.

Leon will get a bridge deal after next year for between 4-5m. Already getting over 3 with bonuses.

Conner has two more years and his 2nd contract will be somewhere around $8m..already getting around $4m with bonuses. If he wants to sign a Sidney deal, it will be 9.7 (cap hit) for 8 years...

I don't see the problem..

Do people honestly think Drai deserves 6x6 etc as a contract I see him as similar to Barkov. But really I think you could argue that when Hall and him were on a hot streak that is when he had the vast majority of his points yes he has the potential to do that again but he has not been that close to that level the rest of his time here so far.

I think a 6 year @5.25-5.5 is the most I would go to right now until he proves that he is a consistent point producer in the NHL it wasn't just Hall and him on a 20 game hot streak.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Trading Vatanen would be a salary cap move from Anaheim. We'd have no interest in Eberle's $6mm contract.

What do you need in Anaheim? LW players like Pouliot? or would you all be more interested in draft picks if you are worried about the cap.

I would assume you would have no interest in any D prospects as your Dcore is stacked now and in the future.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
What do you need in Anaheim? LW players like Pouliot? or would you all be more interested in draft picks if you are worried about the cap.

I would assume you would have no interest in any D prospects as your Dcore is stacked now and in the future.

The consensus among HFDucks is we'd like a cheap winger with upside. Drouin, Tatar, and Nyquist have all been discussed as possible targets.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Anh- eberle
Edm- Hamonic

Hall drai kass
Lucic mcd yak
Pou rnh maroon
Hend letestu korp
Lander pak

Shattenkirk ham
Klef sekera
Davi fayne/gryba

Talbot
Bross

I believe cap around 73
Lucic is staying in LA as he has said so many times.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
The consensus among HFDucks is we'd like a cheap winger with upside. Drouin, Tatar, and Nyquist have all been discussed as possible targets.

Hmm unless we can do Yak+2017 1st or something like that then we are unlikely to be able to acquire him.

I would assume Anaheim would prefer to move him out of division etc. so he may be a hard target to acquire unless through offer sheet.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hmm unless we can do Yak+2017 1st or something like that then we are unlikely to be able to acquire him.

I would assume Anaheim would prefer to move him out of division etc. so he may be a hard target to acquire unless through offer sheet.

Ducks gotta find someone to dance with them. Drouin for Vat seems completely realistic, cant see them passing that up. But with the Wings players, Hollan would have to agree to it

Even with Tampa Stevie Y might be gun shy given Vats contract asks

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Ducks gotta find someone to dance with them. Drouin for Vat seems completely realistic, cant see them passing that up. But with the Wings players, Hollan would have to agree to it

Even with Tampa Stevie Y might be gun shy given Vats contract asks

I agree Drouin is probably the best fit but maybe Bob Murray doesn't want another entitled player e.i. Schultz so that whole situation may be what is scaring the Ducks off as Stevie Y should accept that deal all day they are shy at RD in tampa and want a good PP option.

I just don't see us as the first team they would try and move vatanen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce