Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Another very good defenseman, that recently took apart the Oil, while he was still with Calgary, added to a team that already has many other very good defenseman.

Vegas also picked up another really good piece in Hertl. If one or both don't work out they'll rid themselves of those contracts with the greatest of ease.

For the record, you're on record saying the Hanafin contract at 7.35M is a disaster.

Go ahead and stick your head in the sand. I hope that's where the cat pooped.
Pffft. Watch us destroy Vegas if we meet again and Hanafin will do nothing.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Pffft. Watch us destroy Vegas if we meet again and Hanafin will do nothing.
Out of context, consider my post before the post you quoted...
Even if the Golden Knights bow out early, all the bells and whistles enveloped by fan backlash over cap circumvention, Vegas will be loaded up again for next season with new elite talent, ready to cheat again.

Imagine the mausoleum that T-Mobile Arena would be if the NHL wasn't crooked. The revenue sharing scam would take a massive hit. Board of Governors might even oust Gary.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

I feel like maybe a way to fix this rule without having to get too into the weeds of what is fair and what isn't would be that in order to play game 1 of the playoffs, you have to be off the ir for game 82. So you can still risk sitting a guy out but you might be behind early in a series.

Reactions: Dazed and Confused

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

12d52d35f84cce17d7709d04a0480de5.gif

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
They're going to keep doing it until Mark Stone is too f***ed up to come back or until they address the loophole in the next CBA.

Whoever plays Vegas in Round 1, I want to see Mark Stone's back take crosschecks on every single shift.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wish our GM took advantage of this rule rather than just played the ‘nice guy’. Kane could have sat until the playoffs last year and we could have gotten a RHD at the deadline

Hindsight is 20/20.

This team didn't really take off until after the deadline last year and weren't really on solid ground almost the entire time Kane was out. They needed him and weren't in a position to assume that if you parked him you could just pick him back up in the playoffs because the playoffs weren't necessarily a lock.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Let's be honest, we could have probably sat McDavid, and add Duclair and Buchnevich fairly easily

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad