Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
i dono how we will get here but this should be the template going forward:

____ mcdavid _____
Nuge Drai Pulj
Maroon ___ Slep
Cag letestu kass

Nurse larsson
Seker ____
Klef benning.

We need to get some speed, skill and scoring into the top line along with a legit 3rd line center.
On D a guy like mike green. The russell spot is the only legit spot to upgrade.
I like our other peieces on D and i think klef will bounce back. He is still young and developing and D men take time.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

____ mcdavid _____
Nuge Drai Pulj
Maroon ___ Slep
Cag letestu kass

Nurse larsson
Seker ____
Klef benning.

We need to get some speed, skill and scoring into the top line along with a legit 3rd line center.
I like our other peieces on D and i think klef will bounce back. He is still young and developing and D men take time.

Hate to break it to you but there's no cap room for upgrades. Fill in your blanks with minimum salary players, that's your team.

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

____ mcdavid _____
Nuge Drai Pulj
Maroon ___ Slep
Cag letestu kass

Nurse larsson
Seker ____
Klef benning.

I see us letting Maroon and Letestu go this offseason.

Nuge-McDavid-Pulju
Lucic-Drai-Yamamoto

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
Umm. Without milan and russel we have plenty of space. Tie prospects or picks to them to get it done. Im not saying its possible or impossible but that woukd be the idea template

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Offer from Pens:

Sheary
Hagelin(retain 1.5m)
Cole
1st lottery protected

for

RNH
Maroon
Benning

Thoughts?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Say Chia is gonna deal Nuge, would you take it?

Well, I do think that we'd lose the deal, but at the same time, knowing Chia, that's probably a better deal than he'll actually make. So yeah, if Chia is still GM, I'd take it. It's not a bad proposal.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Well, I do think that we'd lose the deal, but at the same time, knowing Chia, that's probably a better deal than he'll actually make. So yeah, if Chia is still GM, I'd take it. It's not a bad proposal.
Thanks just wanted some feedback.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With the cap going up we are not being pushed to trade Nuge. Nuge is having a good year.

For me if we need to correct the ship here is a list of players I move out before Nuge

Slepyshev
Strome
Maroon
Letestu
Yamamoto

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like that Pens package up above WAY more than the Panthers package. That Florida deal is pretty bad... not that either are likely to happen.

I will say though that I personally think the Pens are a borderline playoff team this year. I think they know it as well. They aren't a powerhouse by any means and they are in tough for a playoff spot in the East.

If someone gave me decent odds... I would quite easily bet they will miss the playoffs. With that in mind, I think the Pens might be more willing to make a fairly substantial trade than some might think.

I'm a strong believer in "reality stats"... rather than "advanced stats". I think corsi is bs and PDO and GF/GA is much more meaningful.

Pens currently have a PDO that is 97.1. That type of number simply won't make the playoffs... hasn't happened in the past 8 seasons and won't happen this year.

Now they might improve to 99+ and that would give them a much better chance at making it... but the Pens and the Oilers right now both have a PDO of ~97 and they are both in the same boat of outside the playoff picture looking in. The Pens are higher in the standings but their results so far are largely illusory when their underlying PDO stats are so poor. I see them continuing to trend down and out of the playoff picture if those PDO stats don't improve soon.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
3 C's spread out worked pretty well. Good timing to make it no longer possible with a Nuge trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad