Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If the cap truly rises to 80-82 million next season, that goes a long way for us.
It goes some ways for us if we wanted to maintain our current roster. But our current roster is trash. So... we're still kind of f***ed.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It goes some ways for us if we wanted to maintain our current roster. But our current roster is trash. So... we're still kind of ****ed.

No, you lose Maroon and Strome, find good replacements. Among other things. But it really helps us keep McDavid-Drai-Nuge-Larsson-Nurse. And that's a solid core.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Then it's Chia that needs to go, not Nuge. Agreed?

Chia has until the end of the season to start turning things around, he should not start trying to do so by moving Nuge.

No, you lose Maroon and Strome, find good replacements. Among other things. But it really helps us keep McDavid-Drai-Nuge-Larsson-Nurse. And that's a solid core.

Exactly. Chia should be looking to add more speed and skill, if he can't see that he should be canned right now.

Reactions: ujju2

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Free agency, dealing non '18 picks/prospects/non core roster players.

Exactly this. You build around Mcdavid,RNH, Draisaitl, JP, Yamamoto, Nurse, Klefbom and Larsson. 2018 1st and 2nd are off the table. Go the UFA route to get a winger or 2 and a RD.

Trade chips can be the 2019 picks, 2018 picks from round 3 on, Benson, Bear, Jones and all other roster players not listed above. We have a good team once some of the holes are filled.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Here's another thought, with 2 high-end scoring lines:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Caggiula-Strome-Slepyshev
Someone-Khaira-Kassian

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Exactly this. You build around Mcdavid,RNH, Draisaitl, JP, Yamamoto, Nurse, Klefbom and Larsson. 2018 1st and 2nd are off the table. Go the UFA route to get a winger or 2 and a RD.

Trade chips can be the 2019 picks, 2018 picks from round 3 on, Benson, Bear, Jones and all other roster players not listed above. We have a good team once some of the holes are filled.

I have time for all but bolded.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's having a rough year but he should bounce back. I would move him with a + for an upgrade though.

My take for defenceman is always, if you're not generating copious amounts of offence, you better can defend and he never was adept at both. I still think last year was an outlier

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It goes some ways for us if we wanted to maintain our current roster. But our current roster is trash. So... we're still kind of ****ed.
Is it? I was under the impression our roster is underperforming. If our roster truly is trash maybe we should start by trading away the 'trash' players like Klefbom and Talbot instead of purging a speedy skill forward that we're apparently in dire need of.

I don't doubt that he's getting calls on Nuge, but the idea of us trading him for futures just doesn't compute with me. Unless we're seeing a return similar to what we saw from Duchene--one including an immediate replacement in the top six--it doesn't make sense.

I don't buy it.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is it? I was under the impression our roster is underperforming. If our roster truly is trash maybe we should start by trading away the 'trash' players like Klefbom and Talbot instead of purging a speedy skill forward that we're apparently in dire need of.

I don't doubt that he's getting calls on Nuge, but the idea of is trading him for futures just doesn't compute with me. Unless we're seeing a return similar to what we saw from Duchene--one including an immediate replacement in the top six--it doesn't make sense.

I don't buy it.

We're the 3rd worst team in the league more than 1/4 of the way through the season effectively eliminated from any serious consideration for a playoff spot. Yes, the roster is trash.

I 100% agree with you regarding trading Nuge btw. Who is talking about futures? I was simply saying that perhaps if someone was willing to offer a legit offensive top 4 RHD it might make sense to trade Nuge now while his value is high.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
WHY would the oilers do that trade? McCann is a bust, Petrovic is a 5/6 d-man and Bjugstad has as bad contract

It's Chia. The "why" is irrelevant

He will tell us Bjugstad is a great 3rd liner, McCann shot can help the pp and Petrovic is great in the dressing room

2 days later a center worse than Nuge will get traded to another team for a haul

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I don't know much about this Josh Marshall. Is he reliable? If so, Nicholson needs to fire Chia ASAP before such a deal goes through.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Pulju sitting out because he's in a potential trade? (Just stirring the pot, folks. Or am I. . . Nah, I am.)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rumour according to Josh Marshall.

RNH, Benning, & Strome. Bjugstad, Petrovic, McCann.

Holy hell. That's so f***ing bad. We lose every individual piece of that deal.

Nuge> Bjugstad
Benning > Petrovic
Strome >>> McCann

It would be very Oilers to get raked over the coals by the management group that managed to turn Reilly Smith and Marchesseault into absolutely nothing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad