Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hmmmm

They’re only critical when they don’t have to worry about getting perks from front office anymore.

I am sure that on occasion you have been wrong sometimes...so have I...plenty of times. :nod:

Case in point...I actually thought that Reider was a good signing. :help:

Edit...I wasnt able to open the specific tweets on first view. Just opened them again in a different browser (expanded them) and now I see why you posted them.

I cant endorse the obvious back peddling there. Not a good look.
Disappointing for sure...he should have owned that error.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The issue isn’t being wrong. It’s that staples at the time of the trade says he likes the trade and believes in the player and then says years later that he never liked the player or trade in the first place.

That’s not just being wrong. That’s being wrong and then lying about it to make it seem like you were right all along.

Reactions: joestevens29

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
The issue isn’t being wrong. It’s that staples at the time of the trade says he likes the trade and believes in the player and then says years later that he never liked the player or trade in the first place.

That’s not just being wrong. That’s being wrong and then lying about it to make it seem like you were right all along.

Reminds me of all those Oilers fans who defended Peter Chiarelli for years and demanded people have faith in him only to crap on him now and pretend they knew he was garbage all along.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
Who are your favorite/ least favorite EDM media guys?

Gregor - hes a really good interviewer unlike Bob whom i personally feel every guest is probably tired of being interrupted by.

Bruce McCurdy - love the nerd and the time he puts in. Wish he wasnt partnered with David Staples who just creeps me out with the way he interacts with young women on twitter.

Kurt Leavins - Always find his 9 things an interesting read eventhough its becoming more and more clear that his intel isnt all that reliable.

Spector - probably my favorite and feel awful that he needs to put up with Bob in person once a week.

Rishaug - think hes connected but definitely tries to hard to be funny especially when hes on with Gregor, Strudwick, or Nielsen. His insight also seems really basic and rivals those on hfboard who refuse to google or have really bad memory retention.

The TSN 1260 morning guys are a waste of time to me. I cant believe ive wasted so many morning drives listening to their BS.

Edmonton sports radio will be way better once they get rid of Bob Stauffer and give his connections to literally anyone else.

Lowetide has become insignicant to me once he started to push The Athletic as much and as hard as he does.

I cant take Jonathan Willis seriously. Even more so when i see a tweet of his next to his eyebrowless face.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Who are your favorite/ least favorite EDM media guys?

Gregor - hes a really good interviewer unlike Bob whom i personally feel every guest is probably tired of being interrupted by.

Bruce McCurdy - love the nerd and the time he puts in. Wish he wasnt partnered with David Staples who just creeps me out with the way he interacts with young women on twitter.

Kurt Leavins - Always find his 9 things an interesting read eventhough its becoming more and more clear that his intel isnt all that reliable.

Spector - probably my favorite and feel awful that he needs to put up with Bob in person once a week.

Rishaug - think hes connected but definitely tries to hard to be funny especially when hes on with Gregor, Strudwick, or Nielsen. His insight also seems really basic and rivals those on hfboard who refuse to google or have really bad memory retention.

The TSN 1260 morning guys are a waste of time to me. I cant believe ive wasted so many morning drives listening to their BS.

Edmonton sports radio will be way better once they get rid of Bob Stauffer and give his connections to literally anyone else.

Lowetide has become insignicant to me once he started to push The Athletic as much and as hard as he does.

I cant take Jonathan Willis seriously. Even more so when i see a tweet of his next to his eyebrowless face.
Lol TSNs morning show gets a little ridiculous.

However that Klefbom goal song was pretty damn catchy.

Reactions: scotchtapejr

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Staples' Twitter seems like it consists entirely of either that, him being wrong about hockey, or him RT'ing alt-right sympathy pieces. Revealing but not especially surprising.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
What? Really?

Noticed he was RT'ing some bangers about evil milkshake throwers when I stumbled onto his TL back around Canada Day looking for Oilers rumours. After a quick scroll he seems like he's a, uh, "free speech advocate," as I believe they call themselves?

At any rate, one of many Oilers writers who doesn't seem to contribute anything of value. He just happens to do it in more fields than just hockey.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Noticed he was RT'ing some bangers about evil milkshake throwers when I stumbled onto his TL back around Canada Day looking for Oilers rumours. After a quick scroll he seems like he's a, uh, "free speech advocate," as I believe they call themselves?

At any rate, one of many Oilers writers who doesn't seem to contribute anything of value. He just happens to do it in more fields than just hockey.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. The "free speech" grift is a hell of thing

Reactions: Little Fury

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Lowe tide is the best radio person in town. He actually is intelligent and has a good show.
I like Stauffer because of the homerism but for that reason, he is unbearable sometimes.
Jason Gregor is a hack. His show is so boring and he sounds like he is whining all the time.
The morning show on tsn is not good.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Love it when the media gets after each other and leaves the players alone for a bit.

Someone should do a site and stats on media. Trash them just like they do.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Both Gregor and Staples are bad hockey evaluators and both will literally agree with almost anything the Oilers do. I don’t give either of them much stock in anything.

This isn't true at all. Gregor trashes the organization a ton, probably moreso than any Oiler media member.
Spector is also good at telling it how it is, much to the chagrin of Stauffer at times.

Reactions: guymez

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto

Thx for clarifying.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gregor says he's the worst evaluator of players because he doesn't go to the rink and because Staples argued that Strudwick was bad at hockey. Hot take alert.

Strudwick 5v5 GF% from 08-09 to 10-11 = 39.67% with 50% zone starts. CF% 40.61%.
Why is Staples arguing that Strudwick was bad at hockey? Guy retired how long ago?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really hate to bring this up, but I just realized that when we dealt Strome he was probably the only other guy outside of McDavid that knew where he was going to be playing on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Section337

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
TSN 1260 show is a fking embarrassment to the oilers and the fans. Honest Neilson needs to grow up and start acting like a grown man instead of some whinny little b!@@tch .. And honestly how funny is creed Tuesday ? can that sad sack of shit not get over the fact that no one finds it funny but him and his Cloney

Reactions: Former Referee 68

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The Oilers have been so quiet this summer that the media has turned on each other to create some entertainment. I bet it’s staged like the WWE and they are all good buddies in the back room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad